scope for .460 s&w

ammo burner

Ijust got a 460 and am looking for a scope. How bout the burris 4-12? What other high power scopes do you recomend. Thanks!

Ijust got a 460 and am looking for a scope. How bout the burris 4-12? What other high power scopes do you recomend. Thanks!

Burris is a good choice because of ruggedness and on big pistols you need them to hold up.

I personaly like to use pistol scopes on wheel guns like the 2.5x7 intermediate eye relief or
the long eye relief burris because of recoil.

On bolt action pistols the rifle scopes work fine but the range of a revolver is limited so a
scope of less power works well.

J E CUSTOM

For the .460 I would/have used 2-7 Buris, and the Bushnell Elite 2-6,
To keep it light go with the Bushnell, or try a Pride Fowler. Even a 4x would be enough for a 460. It is really up to you how much magnification you want.

thanks! i have a 2x leupold on a xp 100 221 fireball and at 100 yds it almost looks like the target is father than it is. Thats y i was looking for a higher power.

I have a Leupold variable 2.5x7 on my S&W 500 and it has held up to close to a 1000 rds.Personally,I never use more than 2.5 magnification,because it gets too tricky to see with the eye relief,and I never shoot far enough with a revolver to need more power than that.I got the Leupold because of the lifetime warranty,on a big handgun like that,I would highly recomend getting a scope with a lifetime warranty,because sooner or later,you will probably need it,if you shoot enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.