scope for 300 wby

I may interested my wife may divorce me , do forum members get any discount?

Yes Sir. Forum members get 5% off. Couple that with the lower direct pricing, its a great deal on some nice optics.

Feel free to shoot me a message.

If I do get a new scope i may want this one TRACT TORIC 3-15x42 Riflescope w/ Impact BDC Reticle - Long Range Hunting Optics how much would it be with 5% discount

aOWENc,

After reading your post, I figure my suggestion may sound foolish. Any rifle I have smaller than my .375 has a Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. It's about the same size as most scopes but weighs 22 ounces. I have three. All three are crystal clear throughout their magnification range. I don't dial so I have no idea if they are repeatable or not. One has a plex reticle, one a milldot and the other a 600DOA. I don't know yet which I prefer.

I'm now using the swfa 3-15x42's in moa sfp for my everyday scopes. They track very well with decent enough glass to get the job done. This model is a step down in glass from the 5-20 HD series however it is an awesome economy optic that tracks like a train. They have a sale at 499 with caps and a sunshade right now. The moa scale is true at 15. You can hold on a target and get the distance both at 15x with the formula or by figuring out the subtensions at 3x and hold on a know size and dial till it fits. The power then tells the distance. Crude but very effective
With 140moa of adjustment your not going to run out with a 300wby

I have heard great things about SWFA scopes who is their one?
I just ordered but may send back I made the mistake that it had shoot glass does anyone have any input either good or bad for this scope:Minox ZX5i 5-25x56mm SF Plex woth lighted bdc ?

I have heard great things about SWFA scopes who is their one?
I just ordered but may send back I made the mistake that it had shoot glass does anyone have any input either good or bad for this scope:Minox ZX5i 5-25x56mm SF Plex woth lighted bdc ?

I bought a Minox ZX5i 5-25x56mm SF Plex specifically because it has the 56mm objective thinking it would smoke my other scopes. I already had the Leupold VX-6 4-24X52, Swarovski z5 5-25X52, and Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50. They were compared on deer antlers 131 yards away in the woods in low light and a military optics chart 127 yards away during good light but in the shadow of a tree. It came in a distant forth as far as glass goes; except on 25X. On that setting it was okay. All the other magnification settings needed about 4X to 5X higher setting to be able to see the same detail as the others. Even with its 56mm objective it was not in the same league as the other three in low light. In low light the other three were about the same.

The Leupold VX-6 was $1,350, Swarovski Z5 5-25X52 cost $1,500, and the Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50 cost $750. You need to add shipping to that. I sold the VX-6 and the Z5. I now have three of the 4 1/2-30X50. During the day they barely edged the other two for two reasons. Whatever the other two could show me the Bushnell needed 1/2 X less than the VX-6 and 1X less than the z5. In addition the have about 5Xs more higher magnifications and is crystal clear from 4 1/2 through their 30X settings.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts