Scope failed tall target test....šŸ¤¬

I tried to watch that closely, so I think I was plumb. I'm going to move the Leupold to my Ruger PR and the NF that is on the RPR to the CA PRC and shoot them both. If I still get the jump to the right on the Leupold on a different rifle, it has to be the scope I would think. If the NF tracks to the right on the PRC, then it is probably a mount or rifle issue. I'm on a mission to get this figured out. Will post results later today.
Is the stock on the CA making contact with the barrel at all?

No. It's clear, or at least it was. I'll check again.
I would also double check and just make sure there is equal clearance on both sides of the barrel channel. I have a PRC in their BA Tactical and it has been fine. However, There was a recent instance on here with I think it was a traverse where CA bedded the stock funny and it was messing with his POI in a long range shooting class.

Another theory:
The problem is not with increasing elevation but in reducing elevation. How many more down clicks are left on the scope when set for 100 yards?
I got no idea and that's probably something I should know. I've got everything remounted and setup to test. The only thing I can't do is lap the Talley rings. I don't have a 30mm bar. šŸ˜Ÿ. I'm going to run both turrets as far as they will go both ways, zero, and run the test again.

I would also double check and just make sure there is equal clearance on both sides of the barrel channel. I have a PRC in their BA Tactical and it has been fine. However, There was a recent instance on here with I think it was a traverse where CA bedded the stock funny and it was messing with his POI in a long range shooting class.

Yes it was a Traverse in that post. The stock would touch the barrel when using a bipod. It needed to have the action full length bedded. The OP of that just got his rifle back. Coincidentally he also had Leupold vx5 or 6 on his rig.

So I have a Leupold VX6 on my CA 6.5 PRC. Rifle shoots really well, I've got a load worked up that is consistent and I'm feeling good about this fall until the tall target test. When I dial up, I get a 1.5-2" shift to the right. I ran the test 4 times. Made sure the target was plumb with a level, used levels to mount the scope, and even tried rotating the scope counter clockwise (since the shift was to the right). Nothing has worked. No matter what I try, when I dial up, I get a POI shift to the right. I know there are a lot of things that can cause this. I'm using Talley one piece rings for the mount. I've remounted the scope twice. I've got a NF I'm going to put on it to see if it is the scope or the mounts, or the receiver. Anyone have any other suggestions? Would a bore sighting tool show the discrepancy?? I got the scope from Holland's with his reticle in it. I'm going to call them on Monday to see what they have to say. Is it possible I just have a bad scope?? Thanks.
Glenn
Something that I have found with a couple of rifle scopes is that the cross hairs can be canted when the physical body of the scope is leveled to the gun but still track up and down with no issue.

Personally I do a tracking test of the gun on a heavy base so I can actually know my tracking correction and separate it from rifle and shooting issues. I would lock that rifle down with sand bags or what ever so it does not move when turning the turrets and I would check it that way. Then you can watch it move as you crank.

I got no idea and that's probably something I should know. I've got everything remounted and setup to test. The only thing I can't do is lap the Talley rings. I don't have a 30mm bar. šŸ˜Ÿ. I'm going to run both turrets as far as they will go both ways, zero, and run the test again.
It's much easier and you will get better results using jb weld and bed the rings. Talley light weights? I bedded the ones I have on my STW. The conventional 2 piece are a breeze to bed.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.