Scope eyepiece focus

steelshooter

I have just discovered that someone has played with the ocular lens on my scope while at the range the other day.

What'the best method of refocussing the eyepiece?
How do I know it's correct for my eye?

If the scope has parallax adjustment put it on infinity. Then point the scope at the sky and adjust the ocular focus until the reticule has the best sharp focus for your eyes . Look away now and then to rest the eyes and when you come back it should still look sharp and in focus. Return the parallax to your usual range and that should be it .

No worries mate. Don't you hate it when someone does that. One time at my range some idiot moved the micrometre on my bullet seating die . You never know if it is just someone who does not know what they are doing or if it is done on purpose to stuff you up .

I sometimes wonder about what makes a shooter a great shot. Take someone like Tony Boyer for instance. We all think it is just about the guns , the scopes and the barrels and loads the wind reading , but how did he get that good at it .
Well I reckon it was because he not only had talent but also he had his own " private range " on his ranch. Being able to practise and develop loads with total concentration and few interruptions makes a big difference .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.