Scope driving me nuts

PoppaW

So went out and shot the first groups using US869 in the 26 Nosler. The right group was first and showed promise. I adjusted the scope over left and down as I want it 0.5" high at 100. The middle group was next. Seemed to over adjust and now groups left of center. Not to mention the down adjust did not work. So I went right and down to get centered and shot the last group on the far left. Which is totally backwards to my adjustment. I quit wasting my time at this point.
The scope is a Zeiss 4.5-14 conquest. An older scope but I had no issues with it till now. Or so I think. Will look back at some notes in the reloading binder.

Anyone have any ideas other than a new scope? Mounts are good. Rifle is Browning.

Attachments

• E1CFA5CC-93ED-4F80-B118-7C082078B6D6.jpeg
    E1CFA5CC-93ED-4F80-B118-7C082078B6D6.jpeg
    690.8 KB · Views: 193
I had a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 Rapid Z 800 that would not track and then the reticle started bouncing around. It had to be sent back to Zeiss. They ended up just giving me another scope.

Too late now if I did.
Not necessarily. It's not always damage done. Usually it's just adding some pinch and resetting them properly can fix the issue. Try loosening the cap screws on your rings and re-doing that bit. Also if you're using Redfield/Leupold style mounts, make sure that they're lined up correctly as that can bind up the guts too.

Got one question, were all three groups with the same load? You mentioned first groups, don't know if you were doing load development or not.

All the same load this time. Was doing development previously and I was wondering if the scope was an issue or if it was the loads. This is not the gun I want to shoot a pile trying to find a load.

I had problems with a Zeiss Conquest also, sent it back to Zeiss, they said the scope could not be fixed and sent me a new HD-5 . Very disappointed in the optics between the conquest and HD-5.The Conquest had better optics . I wish I could of had the conquest fixed and sent back.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.