Scope dilemna

grey2112

OK, I've got a bit of a dilemna. I am trying to figure out what to do for a scope on my .308 semi-auto. I am getting a LaRue OBR 18" as well as a Kel Tec RFB. Mostly for use to engage man-size targets at under 600 yards.

So, I have a SS variable and think it is the cat's ***. Love the clarity, mildot reticle, mil/mil, as well as forgiving eye relief and the fact I don't have to have a perfect cheekweld and eye position.

It currently resides on my 6.5 Grendel. I was going to get a Vortex Viper PST 4-16 and put it on my LaRue, and was planning on putting my 4.5-14x44 Z800 Zeiss on my Kel Tec.

But I got to thinking - why not sell the Zeiss and put a SS on the Kel Tec? That way the two most used rifles in certain situations will have mil/mil, mildot reticles, FFP.

I like Zeiss, but I'm just wondering if the 4.5-14 with Z800 reticle is a little . . . . I dunno . . . uneccessary on any of those rifles?

From my understanding, depending on load, I have to set the Zeiss to a specific magnification to take advantage of the Z800 reticle. And I can't use it to range targets.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.