• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scope Covers

d_wit22

Have a couple Leupolds that keep getting dusty in my safe. Looking for some reasonable options for covers without breaking the bank. Or maybe someone has a good DIY idea for me. Thanks

If you have the original box, store them in the box unless mounted. If mounted, there are many cheap options out there, and the cheapest option is a plastic grocery bag. If you dont want to do that, spray can caps fit over many objective lenses with the help of gravity. That is an option if you just want dust protection in the safe.

If mounted on rifles the scope cost XP6 is fantastic for the price.

If not mounted just wrap them in a plastic bag or buy some of the 2.5 gallon ziploc bags off Amazon.

How are they getting dusty in your safe though?

I think from my wood stove…It's more of a room but I open the door this time of year when I remember to warm it up a little.

Alaskan scope copers are reasonable inexpensive, give them a try, free shipping and about $18.000. Made by military retires.

Alaskan scope covers are having a 25% off sale thru march 15th.
25% off with free shipping makes one cover $13.46 shipped. I
have been using them for several years and they are holding up
very well.

Thanks,
1 garyw

Great lead on Scope Guard Alaska. I now have three of their covers, they are a nice product and an easy company to to business with. Spring2022 is the code for a 25% discount.
Just tried the code and didn't work for me...?

Have a couple Leupolds that keep getting dusty in my safe. Looking for some reasonable options for covers without breaking the bank. Or maybe someone has a good DIY idea for me. Thanks
Just to keep dust off while in gun safe = take an old sock, tie knot in open end , cut slit in sock and slip over scope.

Don't tell anyone, but I have used this method ,hunting in snow many times , so it will work in safe also.

Almost forgot , discount code for old socks is in the rag bag.

Last edited:

Recent Posts