Scope choice

gear head

Getting ready to buy a Night force scope to mount on my EDM model 96 50 Cal. rifle. Looking at either the 5x25x56 ATACR F1 or the 5x25x56 ATACR MOAR retical scope. Will be shooting this rifle 1 mile plus,not worried about weigh, will be shooting it on a bench. Have any of you long range target shooters have any of these scopes on your rifles? just don't know if i really need a first focal plane scope or not.the night force scope is a lot of bang for the buck. trying to not spend more than $3,000 for the scope. What o you guys think?

Not the same scope, but apparently a similar purpose, I have the 2014 Competition (55x) and am really pleased with it.

I understand one is a first focal plane and one is a second focal plane, I need the 34mm tube to get enough Moa. elevation to go out to a mile plus. just trying to get some feed back on personal experience using any of these two scopes. have used second focal plane scopes and always seem to have to fight having to figure out how much hold off or elevation to use to get my results.

I wouldn't use a ffp scope for a dedicated longrange rifle. I would use the Moar t reticle in the sfp. The ffp scopes have thick reticles and will cover a lot of the target

Thanks, for the info i was thinking the same thing, i have both and like the SFP better. It will also be cheaper.

Of the two, I prefer the MOAR reticle. I find it less "cluttered". I've also got the competition scope on a 6.5x284 and love it. For your use, I'd go with the ATCAR with MOAR reticle. I've got one coming for my M82A1.

I have the ATACR MOAR and like it a lot. The MOAR T is almost too thin in my opinion but the FFP gets too big. I would have the scope cranked up to 25 anyway to range with reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts