Scope Choice For Cooper 6.5x284

Rock Jock

Just purchased a Cooper Model 52 in 6.5x284 and now wanting some ideas as of what brand of scope, power, and reticle to match up with this rifle?

Might use it a little for deer hunting from a blind. But will probably use it mostly for punching holes in paper.

I bought a cooper Excalibur in 6.5 credmoor, Iam putting a NF 5-22x50 another nice scope I love on my weatherby 257 s a zeiss conquest 4.5-14 X 50 with target turrets, awesome scope under $1000

Just purchased a Cooper Model 52 in 6.5x284 and now wanting some ideas as of what brand of scope, power, and reticle to match up with this rifle?

Might use it a little for deer hunting from a blind. But will probably use it mostly for punching holes in paper.

Burris, Nikon, Vortex, Leupold, Nightforce, and Schmidt Bender make fine scopes along with many other manufacturers. But, they vary greatly in features, quality, and price.

Do you have a budget in mind?

What distances do you plan to shoot?

Do you already own any other scopes?

Will you use this scope on other rifles?

Will you need to range with your reticle?

Do you expect to use the reticle for holdover? And/or do you plan to occasionally, mostly, or always dial for elevation and/or windage?

Do you have experience using MILs? Or, are you somewhat accustomed to MOA?

Is size/weight a big factor?

Do you plan to do any night and/or low light shooting?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.