Scope base Questions????

T-bone

Hello all,

I am trying to help out my friend and wanted some opinions on what Scope rings to put on his Ruger mod 77, 7MM Rem Mag. I shoot a Win Mod 70 300WSM so I was able to go with a 25 MOA one piece base for my gun but the Rugers mounting system is different as you all know. He has a 1" Scope and the max MOA we can go up in elevation is 16 MOA and His scope has 50 MOA of internal adjusment. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, T-Bone gun)

I haven't done this myself, but if you contact Burris they should be able to confirm the possibility. Burris makes their Signature ring with nylon inserts. The inserts are available both concentric and offset. The Zee model is for Weaver bases. Burris additionally makes an adaptor for the Ruger mount to use Weaver bases. If this works, it will be the easiest way to achieve additional elevation.

Winchester 69,

Thanks for the tip. I will give them a call and see where it leads us. If it all works out I will post the results ASAP. Thanks againg for the help.

T-Bonegun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.