scope base question

Lahunter76

picatinny rail or not to picatinny rail.....that is the question.....LOL

the scope I will have will have enough adjustment with out an MoA picatinny rail. I understand if I needed the extra adjustment I would want it but if I dont I am thinking a good 1pc base/ring from Leupold or say Talley would be a good fit. Just wondering if I am not seeing the benefits of having a picatinny rail on my the set up I am building if I do not need the extra adjustment. I was also thinking that the 1pc mounts/rings would be a solid choice.

If it's not a hard recoiling rifle, Talley's will work fine. Have them on 6.5 CM and 7-08 and zero movement. Every rifle with more ump gets Seekins rings and 20 moa rail. As ShtrRdy said, a rail sure makes moving scopes around a pleasure. There's always a yote, way out there, that needs a bullet.

ty all for they replies!! this will be for my 300 Weatherby Mag. I have never used a rail before but I believe after the replies and some more research, I will be getting one. I am a fan of Leupold product, I guess I get it from my Dad. We have always shot Leupold and I have never had an issue with any of their products.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.