Scope base and rings for mountain rifle?

I strictly use Talley ultra light base and ring combo. I have never had them come loose, but I do use lock tight med strength which I think is the blue. I believe I could use the lighter strength green for the smaller screws. On my actions I have used both the 8x40 and the smaller screws with no problem. But if I wanted a moa base I would go with the Hawinks 25 moa with level built in. My Talley 30mm weigh 2.5 ounces if I remember correctly.

Im really liking the APA Tru-loc rings with a Seekins rail. Am also considering a Defiance Deviant ultralight hunter action for my next build due to the integral scope bases.

Here are the APA's on a Tikka with mountain tactical rail:

Middleofnowhere...
Those look a lot like Talley's. Have you tried talley's? I'm looking to setup an old model 70 currently.

I have talleys on a model 70. I went with the Hawkins because I wanted the level and like the way the top is milled better.

4321A433-FF16-43DA-A864-2CC4C88D06FC.jpeg
1C145B9A-21F1-4264-88DA-CD1280C96CE1.jpeg

On my mountain rifle, I run Talley Lightweights. I'm not sure if they have any that incorporate a 20 MOA cant to them. But I only need 25 minutes to dial to 1k. I don't plan on shooting game animals that far with my mountain rifle. My scope offers me more than enough to do it though.
I am also running Talley on my mountain and hunting rifles. Love them.

My buddy had the EGW on a 30-378. The screw holes wallowed out and the rail was slipping on top of his action. The gunsmith said he has seen that a lot with EGW. 30-378 is obviously towards the upper end recoil wise so they might be fine on smaller calibers.

I personally like the Hawkins hybrids.
I have nearly 15 EGW rails, and some on some big boomers... Haven't seen any such thing. Maybe he got a lemon.

Hawkins for me on everything. I broke a bubble level on a set of rings. Andy shipped me a new one no questions asked. They are built well just like all the other high end rings.

I use talley lightweight ring-mounts on all my lightweight rifles (6.5 CM, 7-08, 280 AI, 300 SAUM), even my 340 wby. I lap them and use blue locktite.

I've since switched to Hawkins' lightweight rings with the bubble like others have posted. For real lightweight I bought a titanium rail but I can't see it's any lighter than aluminum. Expensive, though.

Jeremy Laier at Laier's Customs will cut MOA in the Talley rings. I've had him cut more than a few for me. I just went to the rail setup since it's not that much more weight and I can remove/swap scopes without much issue.

just bought the 2 piece leupold backcountry rings to go atop my tikka t3x in 300wsm.

Lightweight rings with a bombproof but heavy scope... I did the same thing lol. I used Talleys I lap all my rings some less some more. Helps check alignment. Blue locktite screws and a dot top and bottom of rings. Clean up with q-tip if dot was too big. Nothing a little acetone won't clean up if switching scopes works for me...

Talley lightweights have worked great on multiple rifles for me including a 300 win mag. Tighten to torque specs with blue loctite. I have seen them crack but pretty sure the installer overtightened.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.