Scope base and rings for mountain rifle?

Is the DNZ Game Reaper a viable solution? Or would this be considered a tier below Nightforce or Seekins?

They are a good mount, but they are a step below, only because they are not quite as strong as the 1 piece rail with the super heavy duty Seekins rings. They are an awesome mount, but they are not quite as strong. They are also a good company, too. I used to have a DNZ Game Reaper mount, and one of the caps had to be drilled-out, and replaced and screws needed replacing (I do all this type of work myself), and the company sold me the new cap at a discount, and sent me a whole bag of screws and a nice handwritten note apologizing for my issue with the mount. That's a good company right there.

Are they made from steel or aluminum? I game to consider any option as long as it works and has a good reputation. That's the problem with the Nightforce A102 mount I originally was looking at, there is little information if it's an effective system or not.
Yes, they are made from aluminum. Very light, but pretty strong.

They are a good mount, but I would go with the EGW HD rail and Seekins rings. MUCH stronger setup.

C0D969A7-56F0-4701-B8A7-8787B4807B8D.jpeg
02AF10F0-433A-455F-A35D-6262856A7C16.jpeg
Hawkins long range hybrids are pretty good. 25 moa and light weight.

I don't like rails, because I hand carry the rifle wrap my thumb between the action and the scope. The Hawkins seemed a little more "refined" to me than the Talleys, so I went 25 moa hybrids with a cant level.

I've had Seekins rings and rails on a 9lb 7RUM, 10lb 338wm with zero issues so I'm sticking with them for my 300 Norma.

As mentioned the Hawkins are a good way to go not sure there weight but are advised as being light

My actions have rails or built in,NF ultra light rings,titanium cross bolts and jaws.

EGW HD 20MOA base, Seekins Precision 30mm low rings.

My buddy had the EGW on a 30-378. The screw holes wallowed out and the rail was slipping on top of his action. The gunsmith said he has seen that a lot with EGW. 30-378 is obviously towards the upper end recoil wise so they might be fine on smaller calibers.

I personally like the Hawkins hybrids.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts