Scope advice.

I am in kind of the same boat as you are. I have been researching for my first build but it needs to be a rifle that can do both hunt and target.

Go to YouTube and look up Richard Utting. He has a video on long range target scopes and was a good watch. He talks about the Athelon and then talks about the Delta striker which is same price but beats Athelon in every way.

Like I said I am researching also so I dont have first hand knowledge. Just dont want you to miss out on possibly another scope to consider like the Delta Stryker HD.

Best of luck
Well, I checked out his videos, very very informative! Thank you for that! I've been looking for a video like that for a while, but most comparison videos just talk about features and what the companies say about their own products.

After a good bit of reading and watching the video you mentioned, I am pretty sure that I am going to go with either the Delta Stryker or the Athlon Cronus depending on what I can find first in my price range.

I also wanted to ask 1 more question of some of the more experienced people on here. What is the benefit of some of the SFP scopes with up to 50x magnification? Like the Delta Striker that is 5x-50x. Is there a clear reason to go with a something that is 4-30 FFP vs X-50SFP?

There isn't a clear answer. It's a preference. If your shooting f-class or benchrest the second focal with very high magnification is the why. The reticule you can get thinner for better precision.
For me first focal is for multiple distants the turret values match the reticule values. You can measure your impacts with the reticule and make the turret adjustment. There is a lot more to it.

Well, I think I will start hunting for one...
We are so blessed to live in America. A man can go look for a rifle scope costing over $1000 to upwards of $3000 and not have to worry if he'll find himself in some sort of financial distress as do so many people in so many Third World portable toilets around the world. So many have just the most minimal of sufficient resources to stay alive from day to day. We enjoy such a fabulous life because we have codified Individual Liberty to pursue our greatest happiness, and that Liberty is guaranteed by God. If God stands with us, who can stand against us? And that is why we are still here after nearly 250 years of worldwide calamity never before seen by men. May God continue to bless America...

Also if not In a hurry keep an eye on camera land. They get rid of demos very cheap.
I just picked up a Leica at half price that gets to your price point. Might be worth a look for what they have.

We are so blessed to live in America. A man can go look for a rifle scope costing over $1000 to upwards of $3000 and not have to worry if he'll find himself in some sort of financial distress as do so many people in so many Third World portable toilets around the world. So many have just the most minimal of sufficient resources to stay alive from day to day. We enjoy such a fabulous life because we have codified Individual Liberty to pursue our greatest happiness, and that Liberty is guaranteed by God. If God stands with us, who can stand against us? And that is why we are still here after nearly 250 years of worldwide calamity never before seen by men. May God continue to bless America...
Amen to that!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.