Scope advice

shovelhead

Hello- would like to ask some questions to membership on scope choice. I am a life long gun enthiast, hunter, outdoorsman. Only in the last year or so have I plunged into more precise reloading and shooting. My experience is being trial and error on a trued 700 action, hs stock, timney at 2.5 lbs., seekinst bottom metal, and topped with a seekins 20 moa rail and a viper pst 6x24 50 ffp. It shoots well.... Frankly probably better than I can yet. Lol that being said i got the bug and away I go into another build. Defiance Mach. Deviat long, manners eh1, krieger 26 5 cont. fluted, hs bottom metal, timney calvin want 2lbs., 6.5 x284. Really jammed up on the scope.... Don't know any better than I already have. Looking hard at the 4.5 x 18 bushnell. I like the size weight and fit for this rig. Wondered if anyone could tell me where that sits tracking and glass wise to the pst? A little jammed up on ffp or SPF? As far as best for hunting. Huskemaw maybe? Nightforce nxs? I'm a moa guy and the atacr is getting up there for me on cost for sure in the ffp 4x16? Read forum after forum and online junkie..... The gun won't be ready until June chambered for vld's and primarily a hunting honing shooting skills rig. I have quickly realized there is much to learn. Comments or help greatly appreciated. Cory

Wildcatter... I have been looking quite a bit at the bushnell elite LRHS in 4.5 x 18 x 44. Would seem to be a good fit since I am currently in a FFP 6 x 24 x 50 pst. Was wondering how well they track and glass. I get a lot of people telling me to go nightforce nxs. Was also looking at that as a potential option. The Ffp ATACAR is a 4x16 but pushing the weight to 38 oz. vs.30 on the nxs. Stuck.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts