Scope adjustment range question...help please!!!

hmbleservant

How do I figure out how far I can reach out with my 22lr with a particular scope( I'm shopping for a scope)? For instance, I'm thinking about a Bushnell 3200 5-15x40 Tactical. It has an adjustable range of 50" at 100 yds (according to Bushnell specs). So, question is how far can I reach out with Wolf Match Target? 300 yards? more? Before I can't dial turrets any farther for compensation? I'm assuming I want a 20moa base mount. I want to be able to reach out to about 300 or farther. I'm new to this so I could use some advise/help. Thanks in advance!

The .22lr drops like a rock after 100 yards, so I'm not sure 300 is possible even with a sloped base. However, to get max turret adjustment go with a 20 or 30moa base and a scope with as much internal adjustment as you can find. You may want to look at one of the BDC reticle scopes because coupled with the turret adjustment you'd be able to have even more elevation and shoot that much farther.

How do I figure out how far I can reach out with my 22lr with a particular scope( I'm shopping for a scope)? For instance, I'm thinking about a Bushnell 3200 5-15x40 Tactical. It has an adjustable range of 50" at 100 yds (according to Bushnell specs). So, question is how far can I reach out with Wolf Match Target? 300 yards? more? Before I can't dial turrets any farther for compensation? I'm assuming I want a 20moa base mount. I want to be able to reach out to about 300 or farther. I'm new to this so I could use some advise/help. Thanks in advance!

With a 30 min mt. and assuming 1/2 of the 50 min vertical, 55 min. would give you approx. 320 yds. with the ammo you mentioned. This is based on 1050 fps, a b.c. of .130 and a 50 yard zero. Hope this helps. Good luck/Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts