Scirocco Accuracy

G

Waiting on Swift's new 6.5mm Scirocco to use as a long range hunter in my 6.5-284 and was wondering how any of you have found their accuracy in other calibers? How about their terminal performance?

Budman

DBS I have used them in 7mm RUM with great sucess on paper. Only game shot was a large 6 pt bull at 556 yards. The Bullet hit dead center shoulder and exited through the off side shoulder. Needless to say he took his last step. I hadn't heard they were coming with a 6.5mm. My new 6.5 284 should be done in a couple weeks. When are the bullets due out?

spliz

I just used them for the first time in my new .300 RUM this weekend. The range was limited to only 100yds. I key-holed every group of three I shot. I'll continue to use them.

G

Budman, I spoke with Swift again this morning, the 6.5 Scirocco at 130 grains will be available around the end of July.

Budman

DBS Thanks for the update on the 6.5mm. Will be trying them out then.

brian b

I did a lot of load developement for a
friend's 300um with 180gr scirocco's,they
shoot extremely well but you must sort by
weight,every lot I tried varied 3 to 5gr.
as far as performance 3 one shot kill's
1deer,1elk 1moose.

460wby

I have great experience with 210grs. scirrocco's in my 338 RUM.
They group (3 shots) under 1/2moa in 990m/s.
They also hold together nicely. I've killed a roedeer and a beaver with the load.
On moose i use 225grs A-frame's.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce