School me on weatherbies

At 1 time I had 6 weatherby mark 5s from 257 weatherby to 300 weatherby and the older I got the less I found I wanted to shoot them although I liked the 257 because of the speed these guns shoot at I think I ruined a lot of meet they were expensive to reload for (weatherby brass got expensive)and you want something dangerously loud put a muzzle break on a 300 weatherby guarantee headaches after shooting
Back in the day I really loved looking at those beautiful, glossy advertisements for Weatherby rifles and dreaming about some day owning a .300 Weatherby Magnum. Maybe Santa will bring me one yet. When I handle one in the gun stores, I can feel the quality, but I can't yet afford the price... lol some day.

have a line on a perfect mark 5 in 300 westherby, stainless fluted barrel, what looks to be a bell and carson stock. Doesnt look to have any use. It has a 3-9 vx2 on it as well. They will take 1150. Seems like a great deal. It's very light so i'm sure its a recoil heavy rig. Do i need it ? No. But i think it would be a very nice addition to my gun locker. Currently i have a 6.5 swede, 7mm rem mag and a 30/06. The 7 mag is very heavy. Love the bolt lift on the weatherby. I would be handloading for it. Please chime in. Thanx

Sounds like a Weatherby Accumark or an Ultralight. A Weatherby Accumark in .300 Weatherby has very little felt recoil. The Weatherby Ultralights also have fluted barrels and more felt recoil, but not enough for me to put a brake on one. Buy it FAST — or send me the seller's information so I can buy it.

[QUOTE"]Sounds like a Weatherby Accumark or an Ultralight. A Weatherby Accumark in .300 Weatherby has very little felt recoil. The Weatherby Ultralights also have fluted barrels and more felt recoil, but not enough for me to put a brake on one.[/QUOTE]

If it is a .300 Weatherby ultralight then its one of the most difficult rifles I've ever reloaded for. Mine required alot of fine tuning to get it to group 1 MOA, that long whippy Kreiger 26" & the freebore present a challenge

So, the mrs wanted to reward me for working on the house, ( i built a new kitchen) . And she knew i had the hots for this but was light on funds. Well here it is . I love her all over again.

Attachments

• 389163DD-4CF4-40C5-86BA-166AE8C2EF92.jpeg
    389163DD-4CF4-40C5-86BA-166AE8C2EF92.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 130
  • 07FB75B7-7974-45C6-BC13-A505AE0EBE80.jpeg
    07FB75B7-7974-45C6-BC13-A505AE0EBE80.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
Sounds like a great buy. Love my .300 in a vanguard however waiting to buy a quality stock for it. I did put a brake on mine due to a shoulder injury. Definantly consider having the option to put one on. You can always take it off.
Try the McMillan A5 or game warden I have the A5 on mine and love it.

I would go for it great rifle and cartridge it puts the woop on a many of things. You will be pleased. And the weatherby can push heave 200 to 215gr .308's the way they should be. Mine does the 210 Nos LR Acc at 3015fps avg with 82.5gr H1000

Sir
Love my 300wby, was a tack driver till a few years ago. I finally used up the barrel. They do kick a smite but a muzzle brake will take care of that. I have that same gun in 340wby but it's a safe queen, the action is awesome. Go for it. 190gr ABLR over H1000 will get the job done on any animal in the Americas and most in Africa out as far you'll care to shoot. PM me for some loads if you need them, I have quite a few.
I am shooting the 210's with same powder I have an 26 3/4" Lilja M13 barrel 6 grove 1:10 woulfthe 190's be a better choice

Attachments

• 20181101_090459(1).jpg
    20181101_090459(1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
Like many here I've owned a number of Weatherby's over my lifetime in many of Roy's calibers. I have pretty much always been an "MkV wood and blue steel" kind of guy with a few exceptions in MkV Accumarks, but Weatherby to me says beautiful wood and bright wet blue steel, with performance all the way around. As for Roys cartridge, I find little fault with them, if I could go back in time with today's bullets I think I'd bought one of Weatherby's .340 Wby Mag or perhaps the Weatherby .338-378 Wby Mag, but'..., I'd have to think hard on that one it's a performer with a lot of, boom! So I digress; why buy one? because when you look at one it says hunting rifle, like when you look at a Winchester Pre-64 model 70 or a 70's Remington model 700 BDL, Savage Model 99, and yes Win Mod 94 the early rifles, they just say; take me to the field. Just my 0.02 Cheers.

have a line on a perfect mark 5 in 300 westherby, stainless fluted barrel, what looks to be a bell and carson stock. Doesnt look to have any use. It has a 3-9 vx2 on it as well. They will take 1150. Seems like a great deal. It's very light so i'm sure its a recoil heavy rig. Do i need it ? No. But i think it would be a very nice addition to my gun locker. Currently i have a 6.5 swede, 7mm rem mag and a 30/06. The 7 mag is very heavy. Love the bolt lift on the weatherby. I would be handloading for it. Please chime in. Thanx
One of the very favorite guns I own. You absolutely need it!. You don't need a brake with it but it certainly helps. It's my go to Best all around hunting rifle. Where I hunt we have deer, elk,moose and bears all using the same fields and trails so I need a One gun suits all.

I have a Mark V Outfitter in 300BEE that my daughter took over and has been shooting for about the past 7 years. It is quite light, but has the Accubrake. She is about a hundred and fifteen pounder and can shoot it prone all day. I have had several Ultra-lightweights, Super Big game masters, Outfitters and Accumarks in .243Win, 240Wby, 257Wby, .270Wby, 7mm Rem, 300Wby, 30 and 338 378Wby. They have all been sub MOA guns and a few have been 1/2 minute. The SBGM have probably been the cream of the crop and surprisingly the Accumarks have probably been the most finicky. Either way, you will love that gun. I has class and versatility that has set the standard. Roy started with the 270, but proved it with the 300 and really started the whole magnum revolution. In my opinion it is still the perfect 30.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.