School me on the 338 Edge...

OK guys, I made the leap and bought a used 338 Edge.
I love it!
Accuracy was decent with the loads I got from the previous owner.
ES was great. 2886, 2886, 2887, 2881. In that order on the Magnetospeed.
But now it's time for me to run up my own loads....
What's your opinion on 300 RUM brass to use?
I've read above that Nosler brass holds 4-5 grains less than some of the other brands, and R-P lasts longer than previously thought.
Between Bertram, Remington, Nosler, Norma...what are the positives and negatives you've seen so far using this 300RUM brass for the 338 Edge
I've got 300 RUM brass in Rem, Norma, Hornady and Nosler...
What worked the best for you?
Thanks

Last edited:
I love it!
I've read above that Nosler brass holds 4-5 grains less than some of the other brands, and R-P lasts longer than previously thought.
Between Bertram, Remington, Nosler, Norma...what are the positives and negatives you've seen so far using this 300RUM brass for the 338 Edge
Thanks
I´ve been using nobler brass and it´s great when it´s new but it only lasted 3-4 reloads for me. Primer pockets come loose after the 3rd or 4th firing.

I love it!
Thanks
I use mainly rem brass, I dont push it. I am running 2850 and my brass does real well

@TwoMore and @Prieto9000 both have very important points with the 338 Edge.

Push it to hard and you will stretch your primer pockets. Around 2850 for 300grainers is a spot where the brass will last more than a couple firings. Considering the work involved to neck up and neck turn Rem or Nosler/Norma saving the brass is a good thing. I have not tried "Bertram" Defensive Edge brass to see if it will hold together at higher pressures.

It's not just cost, it's also the work that has to go into the brass. I think my current lot of 100 Rem just went through the 5th firing. Good value at $1 each and some work.

Low 2800s with H1000 and the 300 grain Berger .015" IN the lands. If you have not tried the 300 .15 in I think you will pleasantly surprised. I never got them shooting anywhere jumped like they shoot in the lands.

Low 2800s with H1000 and the 300 grain Berger .015" IN the lands. If you have not tried the 300 .15 in I think you will pleasantly surprised. I never got them shooting anywhere jumped like they shoot in the lands.
I also jam the lands with the 300 OTM

mine is around 4.04 to the lands give or take the meplat diff erances I have shot it at .005 off for a while but in the lands it gets really good

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that we have added 338 EDGE to our product line up. We have been focused on supplying some of the best-known ammunition manufacturers with cases bearing their headstamps. Now we are expanding our operations to include direct to consumer as well as distributor network sales of our own ADG branded cases. 338 EDGE was a great fit for us as we already had been working on the RUM family as part of new calibers for 2017. For more info you can contact us at [email protected]

Attachments

• ADG_338 Edge.jpg
    ADG_338 Edge.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that we have added 338 EDGE to our product line up. We have been focused on supplying some of the best-known ammunition manufacturers with cases bearing their headstamps. Now we are expanding our operations to include direct to consumer as well as distributor network sales of our own ADG branded cases. 338 EDGE was a great fit for us as we already had been working on the RUM family as part of new calibers for 2017. For more info you can contact us at [email protected].

How much!
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.