School me on chassis stocks

Cackas2

I have a buddy that wants me to put a rifle together for him with a chassis style stock. This will mainly be a hunting rifle on a 700 long action platform. It doesn't need all the bells and whistles as I honestly doubt he'll ever use it to its full capability. What are the options for an entry level chassis?

MDT makes a less costly model. They seem to have a good reputation, I would prefer a less costly model from a good name than something cheaper I've never heard of:

Masterpiece Arms BA Ultralight would be another good option. Great company and excellent fit & finish on their products. The non-folding stock version can be had for around $750 and does not require buying a butt stock separately. They also come standard with a pic rail and integrated QD sling swivel locations

I like the weight of the XLR, but when you add on all the $ from grip, stock etc, it comes close to this:

which I have held/seen, and would rather have.

The oryx was a relatively affordable addition to my howa. $400 about 4lbs. Went from shooting ok groups with the occasional flyer with the cheap flexible hogue stock to significantly tighter groups, helped with recoil mgmt and triggerhand wrist position. Love shooting it prone and helped me stretch it out last year. Carrying it sucks and shooting it when its below freezing also isnt the best.

I've got an assortment of chassis but still sometimes prefer a traditional stock. MDT LSS with a magpul ctr and cheek riser works pretty well and can be adjusted to fit most folks quickly, it's a good value. XLR element with their 2nd stage buttstock is more money and nicer chassis but serves the same purpose. AICS AX on a custom build is the most comfortable to shoot but is heavy and expensive. Recently put a custom build on an ORYX. It's a good value, will take some time before I can give a better review.

MDT makes a less costly model. They seem to have a good reputation, I would prefer a less costly model from a good name than something cheaper I've never heard of:
Too bad they don't make left handed for Tikka

I think the Oryx is a good choice

I think the Oryx is a good choice
My only complaint so far on the oryx is the cheek riser. Too small and sharp edges.