Schnieder Polygonal barrels.

jcpython357

Had Tubb on the phone yesterday, talking about this and that, asked him if you used Scnieder barrels in his hunting rifles also, mentioned that Gary makes a polygonal rifled barrel which fouls less and is less fussy where you seat the bullet, Tubb gives his bullets a little more jump with polygonal barrel, I've heard alot of good things about these barrels, any you guys tried them yet? Jay

[ 06-08-2003: Message edited by: Jay Gorski ]

I just got a 243 Win back from G-A Precision with a Schneider polygonal barrel. Haven't shot it enough to know it's full potential. Other polygonal barrels I've used (Pac Nor) were impressive.

I will be ordering one for a .300 Wby in a week from Pac Nor. From what I have heard it is extremely good. According to Tactical Ordinance they have been getting 27" barrel velocities from a 24" poly barrel. The bullet is sealed almost completely, has the same or better accuracy as a regular barrel, increased velocity. The bullet shape is distorted less because there are no lands or grooves to effect the shape. It will also last much longer because the only thing to wear it down is heat build up. THe only thing is with a regular bore brush will not turn in the rifling so a barrel mop is suggested. Also solid bullet are little earier on cleaning, but you may use what you want.

[ 10-16-2003: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

What do you mean. I got the name Nighthawk from the F117 Nighthawk Stealth Bomber from when I was in 8th grade because I thought it was cool.
confused.gif

[ 06-05-2003: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

Sorry to burst your bubble but you can get ballistics info off of these. Same as of a firing pin, ejector, extractor, etc. We arrest lots of idiots using Glocks and the have the poly barrels. Science is great and stupid criminals are even better.

Don't believe everything you read on the net. The technology is getting so good that we got a conviction on a guy that used a garbage bag to dump his dead Girlfriend in. The lab could match up the used bag to the ones in his house. Remember that these companies make them in lots of 50,000. There isn't much out there these days that can't be matched up. Unless you live in L.A. and used to play football!

Are the cold-hammerforged barrels on the tikka rifles this type of rifling.

how do i buy a Schneider polygonal barrel.
i cant find his address or web-site anywhere.. does anyone know his address,phone or website? thanks

[ 06-08-2003: Message edited by: speed demon ]

Speed demon, I suppose you could call Superior Shooting Systems @1-806-323-9488, and they should be able to hook you up with a number for Gary. Jay

Out of all the barrels that make them with polygonal rifling, who makes the best and how long do they take to deliver? I want to order one from Pac Nor, but they said it would be 8-10 weeks to ship. I would prefer not to wait that long.

I have a Lothar Walther barrel that is polygon rifled. I know they make them also.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.