Schmitt & Bender feedback

I personally like a full size truck. Dodge , Ford or Chevy is fine but I base what I buy on what I like best about the particular year model I'm going to buy, I don't limit my self to anything other than it being a full size in a Chevy, Dodge or Ford. Anyway, one of my close buddies told me about 10 years ago: "only *** holes drives Dodge trucks". Guess what he's driving now, yup a Dodge ram. Folks can drive whatever they want to. Makes no difference to me.

Bet my American made rice burner, who btw doesn't outsource their parts from China like some American companies, can make it through more trails then your truck :p
I sell various brands of trucks. I own a Rubicon. And the only place where your kamikaze riceburner would outperform my Jeep on trails would be in the same mythical rainbow-and-unicorn universe where Obama was a good president and your Nikon outperforms my S&B. :D

Last edited:
I sell Ram trucks. I own a Rubicon. And the only place where your kamikaze riceburner would outperform my Jeep on trails would be in the same mythical rainbow-and-unicorn universe where Obama was a good president and your Nikon outperforms my S&B. :D

Actually that's true, there's only a few things you can do to get better depature angle with a truck in general and there's pretty much always a longer wheel base compared to a Jeep. But yes, the Tacoma's (TRD pro) as far 4x4 capable can do everything Jeeps can do, even if you scrape the back and lose a bumper. :cool: I still got my old Sahara that i spent to much money building up on 33s over the years haha

I was
I owned a new Ram once, I went on to get a job and purchase a real truck! Just sayin....... lol
I was joking , trying to ad some humor. On a serious note I buy trucks and Vans for reliability and giving me as trouble free performance as I can get. The company I am loyal to is also a product that I'm experienced with , I know the truck or van. That gives me confidence right or wrong. Now I have had really great success over the years and I'm not loyal for no reason but others feel different and that's their prerogative. The same with rifle scopes, we all have different needs for the type of shooting we are doing. I like certain things and have a comfort range that I pay for and live with. I will say that I'm not the guy who jumps at the new bells and whistles . I like solid well made glass that extends light and is clear down range. My idea of performance may not be your idea of performance and I'm good with that! I can always learn more from everyone!

Actually that's true, there's only a few things you can do to get better depature angle with a truck in general and there's pretty much always a longer wheel base compared to a Jeep. But yes, the Tacoma's (TRD pro) as far 4x4 capable can do everything Jeeps can do, even if you scrape the back and lose a bumper. :cool: I still got my old Sahara that i spent to much money building up on 33s over the years haha
Those Rubicons have lockers on front and rear where you only have LSD in the rear and an open diff in the front. Plus, the wheel base helps a lot and turning radius. If I was going to go for serious off road only, i would have a Rubicon versus my Dodge Ram. I love my Dodge Ram and it does what I ask of it for everyday 4 wheeling in normal off road and snowy conditions. But, to say a full size truck will go anywhere a 4wd Jeep with locking diffs will go is not the case. Sorry, but anytime you have 4 wheels pulling at the same time versus 3 wheels, with a shorter wheel base aND TURNING RADIUS, YOU LOSE. lol!

I was

I was joking , trying to ad some humor. On a serious note I buy trucks and Vans for reliability and giving me as trouble free performance as I can get. The company I am loyal to is also a product that I'm experienced with , I know the truck or van. That gives me confidence right or wrong. Now I have had really great success over the years and I'm not loyal for no reason but others feel different and that's their prerogative. The same with rifle scopes, we all have different needs for the type of shooting we are doing. I like certain things and have a comfort range that I pay for and live with. I will say that I'm not the guy who jumps at the new bells and whistles . I like solid well made glass that extends light and is clear down range. My idea of performance may not be your idea of performance and I'm good with that! I can always learn more from everyone!

exactly. and I think that we are all just messing around with the truck jokes here. And as far as glass, a hunter out west might decide that 100% mechanical reliability is the #1 requirement in a scope, and low light performance is a distant second, while shorter-range East coast hunters think that light transmission and glass quality is the most important factor because dialing in windage and elevation are never called for in our hunting situations.

I can't pass this up - 10 days ago I winched my friend's Jeep out of the muck with my Toyota tundra.
I believe it but was it a Rubicon or a standard Wrangler. Rubicons cost much more money but have lockers for diffs where the standard Sahara's and the like have Command Trac usually without LSD unless it was ordered as an option. They have BLD and electronic traction control which is nothing more than an open diff that applies brake to the spinning wheel which transfers the power to the wheel with traction. Nothing that we all know as experienced 4wheelers do naturally. My Ram has the same thing. But, you still only have power going to 1 wheel because it's an open diff at any given time. All these electronics do what we all do only it does it through computers for the everyday driver that doesn't know how to drive efficiently with 4wd. Just like anti-lock brakes. It pumps the brakes for you just like we learned back in the day to do with the brake pedal when you lose traction and sliding when trying to stop. Most people freak out and slam on the brakes and don't let off. The computer does it for you. Yes, the Jeep puts 50% of torque to the front and rear driveshafts, what 4wd doesn't DUH!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.