Schmitt & Bender feedback

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by djfergus, Apr 13, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. dfanonymous

dfanonymous Well-Known Member

It’s not about being worked up as it is about half truths. Like the ford. Ford trucks are best at what? Everyone knows the Tacoma is the king of the off road. The Toyota Tacoma off roads so hard you can put that thing into crawl mode and it off roads for you.
    But you’re going to hall a huge heavy --- trailer then yeah maybe the ford 350 might be the way to go.
    I don’t hall anything and I spend my time up on hill sides or on the road so the Tacoma works good for me. My dad never got anything but ford trucks after the 80s.
    The logic applied to weapon application as well. I can’t fault the mountain pack hunter guys who love their 5.5 lb rifles trying to make connivence for themselves

2. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

When the facts work against you start flinging poo...spoken like a true democrat! :eek::D:D
    I do concur, cannot afford one.

the hunter and dfanonymous like this.
  3. Harvey Durham

Harvey Durham Well-Known Member

What do you feel is the best hunting scope you’ve used? I’m sure you’ve used the atrac NFS? What about Kahales 5x25? IOR?

4. Harvey Durham

Harvey Durham Well-Known Member

5. gusd

gusd Well-Known Member

If you were better at reading and could comprehend what you are reading. By that I mean understand what I wrote,and what others have written.
    Then you would know that there were no facts proving anything in this whole thread. Also I don't know with whom you were concurring. But if you were insinuating that I cannot afford a S&B. You should go re-read my post that clearly states that I can afford one.
    As for the statement "spoken like a true Democrat!"
    Political stance has nothing to do with anything discussed or any statements made.
    Don't worry no offense taken I will just chalk it up to you being an over zealous fanboy.

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

7. dfanonymous

Sounds like a democrat.
    Here comes the butt hurt.

There should be a butt hurt thread on here too for those people.

8. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

YODA BUTT HURT 1.jpg

the hunter, Aldon and 300whisper like this.
  9. 300whisper

300whisper Well-Known Member

Well it was a good thread. We made it 13 pages keeping it civil.

Aldon likes this.
  10. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Agreed!

11. gpo1956

gpo1956 Well-Known Member

To keep inserting "fanboys" into this thread is just silly and juvenile. Obviously you're interested in inciting emotions, thus the "spoken lie a true democrat". Grow up.

dfanonymous likes this.
  12. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

I might have to borrow your above statement the next time someone make reference to "fanboys".

13. dfanonymous

Well he openly admitted to trying to troll. So I don’t feel bad when the troll gets trolled.

FEENIX likes this.
  14. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

You can't use the "PRS most used", because almost every top 100 shooter is sponsored to run a certain scope. I would run almost any top tiered scope I was GIVEN.

As for a 5-25×50 (56) FFP illuminated top tier scopes, are there ANY that are under 24oz?
    "The best hunting scopes", in my opinion:
    Tangent Theta TT315M
    S&B PMII 3-20×50US
    S&B PMII 5-20×50US
    Kahles K318i 3.5-18×50
    Hensoldt ZF 4-16×50
    NF ATACR 4-16×42 (or the new 50) F1
    March F 3-24×52

Most of these are short, fairly light, and excellent quality.
    I think for any realistic LR hunting scope, even 15x is plenty for any distance you would ever hunt big game at. I have used 17x out to 1365 yards on coyotes. Used 15x at a 1500+ on 12" steel.

Aldon and 300whisper like this.