Schmidt & Bender Polar T96

I saw a video of this scope with the S & B rep. Looks very interesting to me but is S & B going to make it available to us in the states?

New from S&B, made to be the brightest hunting scope available.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/phocadownload/neuheiten/db_EN-WEB-2_5-10x50-PolarT96_210x297mm.pdf

I wonder about the 34mm tube. Are there many existing mounting systems that can work with it?

There are multiple companies making 34mm rings. A very partial list: Badger Ordnance, Seekins / Vortex Precision, NightForce, Leupold, TPS, Warne and so on. Most all will work with standard picatinny rail type bases.

The 34mm main tube is becoming more common with the top tier scopes....unlike IOR's 35mm and 40mm. Most all of the tactical oriented scopes are 34mm main tube scopes. From Bushnell, Burris, Leupold, NightForce, S&B, Steiner, TT, Vortex etc.

Wayne

It's really helped to increase the amount of internal elevation. For instance, the NightForce Beast F1 5-25x has 120 moa of internal elevation. The new Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x has 113.5 moa. That potential adjustment range can really get a guy out to some very long distances. So it really the optics coming out are pretty amazing.....even when you compare them to scopes from 10-15 years ago.

Wayne

Anyone gotten their hands on one of these yet? I've been holding out for a while shooting a Leupold VX-6 waiting for these scopes to come out.

Mac

Anyone gotten their hands on one of these yet? I've been holding out for a while shooting a Leupold VX-6 waiting for these scopes to come out.

Mac

S&B glass is top end but 23 ozs for a 2.5-10 scope for a gain of only 2% light transmission increase would not be worth it IMO, let alone the price difference. Stay with the VX6.

Another thing to consider is that the T96 2.5x10 doesn't have parallax adjustment either. I have owned many 34mm scopes (mostly Premier Reticles ) but they all come with a high dollar cost and a very high weight cost. This scope intrigues me but for less money, I'm running the NF 2.5x10x42s on several of my rifles now. Smaller (30mm tubes), less weight, and they have parallax adjustment.
I'm sure I'd grab an S&B if given a great deal but I wouldn't put it on a carry rifle to do an elk hunt in Montana or NM. I'm too old to be lugging around almost two pounds of 34mm scope, and rings at 9000 feet.

Zeiss Victory HT 2.5-10x50 is about 20 oz and available now, don't think it gives up much to the S&B in terms of brightness

I have a 2.5-10x50 with the L7 reticle, on the way. It'll be here Friday or Saturday. I was told that I have the first T96 in Canada. The order was placed on the 2nd of February and first week of June to recieve it.
I'm very excited!!

I have a Bushnell ERS 3.5 -21 x50 tactical scope with a 34 mm tube on my Ruger Precision Rifle and use a Nightforce Unimount one-piece mount.

34 mm is a big tube but it is stronger than a 30 mm tube, all things being equal, and gives you more vertical adjustment. (The tube strength comes partially from the increased diameter. That's why aluminum bike frames are "fat" and stiffer aluminum arrows are thicker.)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts