• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Schmidt & Bender PMII scopes

Pete Lincoln

Guys i have a brand new in box 4-16x50 PMII Mildot .10 miliradian adjustment sniper scope i can let go for $1900. never been mounted.
I am also thinking about selling my used 3-12x50PMII with illuminated mildot reticle if anyone is interested.
Bieng sold to add some petty cash to custom rifle business, these Krauts want to charge me $2000 to issue a FFL. Hence the sale of my beloved scopes. Just wondered if anyone was interested. Pete

****.. price is right but I prefer the 1/4 clicks .. Thanks Pete.

bcraft1111,
You are correct, thats 1cm at 100metres which translates to:

9.14mm at 100yards or .359", which at just under 3/8" is

0.373moa for each .10 milradian click /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Unless you very familar with the metric system (which most of us are not) it seems an overly complicated compared to good old 1/8 and 1/4 moa clicks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rick, If you can work round this, these scopes would an excellent buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifdont let this small matter put you off.

Centre Punch.

Actualy the .1 miliradian clicks are by far the easiest to use. I could never understand why you Yanks use a reticle thats graduated in Miliradians (mildot) and then insist on converting to 1/8, 1/4 , 1/2 MOA etc.
1 miliradian = 1m @1000m.
.1 milrad click = 1cm @ 100m and 10cm @ 1000m.
thse are sniper scopes, so we are talkin man targets. a mans torsoe is approx 1m long as height is usualy in the legs. it makes ranging, doping and dropping so much easier, its all 1s and 10s. bullet strike is easy to adjust for, its just so much easier..
Pete

Center Punch,

If you think imperial is simpler than metric, presumably you're also lamenting decimalisation? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Bring back the sixpence! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The mil (the 6400 one) is an entirely metric concept. 1 mil subtends 1 metre at 1000m. What could be simpler!?

Just reset your LRF to read in metres and throw away all the complicated mathematics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

believe me I am giving this A LOT of thought!!!!

I thin my toughest challenge is when I look down range...

I say ok I need about 5 ft of wind but that is how many meters... my mind ain't programed right

Ric,

I'm of the Brit generation that grew up when both systems were still in use here so I'm 'bilingual'!

This might help (or might not!):

An easy way to visualise 5ft in metres is to think of your basic 12 inch ruler.

If you have a 'bilingual' ruler, the other side is 30cm. So...think in rulers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

5ft is five 12 inch rulers;

...so 5ft is five 30cm rulers;

5 x 30 is 150cm or 1.5m .....close enough for government work!

I range in meters, use the mildot for that too. adjust the scope in clicks. I have my balistic cards set up in number of clicks, it wouldn't realy matter if scopes adjusted in inches, centimeters or cabbages, so long as you knew how many to adjust fop whatever range.
But it makes absolutely no sence to me what so ever to have a scope reticle set in Miliradians and then use a totaly different unit of measurement for the adjustment. it just adds another step to the process.
Funnily enough i still judge wind speed in MPH. , but again, ive already pre converted likely required values into clicks, and the clicks corresponding nicely to the ranges just makes it all so easy.
Pete

Brown Dog,
Whats a sixpence? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I too grew up with both systems,but did my apprenticeship in imperial and worked for an old fashioned engineering company that converted all its metric drawings to imperial.

Of course metric is an easier system,but feet and inches is what i know.
Its a sad fact though that my daughters are being taught ONLY metric.

Centre Punch.

Centre punch, forget metric or imperial, it has nothing to do with either. Where you or where you not, taught your ten times table? well then, thats all you need to know. Its probably one of the easiest. its all 1s and 10s.
Pete