Schmidt & Bender Exos

shooters

Anyone out there have any experience with one? I currently have (for comparison) Kahles 525i, NF Atacr 5-25, Mark 5HD 5-25, NX8 4-32, Swaro X5i 5-25 along with other lower end like Zeiss V6, V4, Leupold VX5 HD and so on.

I'm not so concerned about fit and finish, turret feel etc. I'm all about glass, eye box, tunneling etc.
Im really wanting to pull the trigger on this but not 100% sure. Anyone have comparisons, experience etc?

Last edited:
AFB00F3D-9940-45EC-9E34-ADF385DDBF6C.jpeg
E9785A0B-7F8F-4D4D-8463-459CE843F8E7.jpeg
I have one and it's about as nice as glass can be.
Optically it's on par with my other nicer scopes, which are 2 Leica Magnus 2.4-16x56's, a Swaro Z8i, and a S&B Polar.
It's a few ounces heavier than the others but is built like a brick u-know-what.....the turrets are oversized and by far the most well designed and user friendly. The Polar has the same turret design but they are smaller. Their turret locking system is much more valuable to me than i thought they would be when I first bought the scope.
My Exos has a 50mm objective compared to 56 on the others, but I have yet to see any noticeable difference in light transmission.
Both S&Bs have a 34mm tube, which really comes into play when dealing with a 7x magnification range. I owned, for less than 24hrs, a March 2.5-25 with a 30mm tube. The eye box on that scope was so finicky and difficult, I sent it back the day after I received it. I'm no optics engineer, but I do have one in the family, and he says trying to "cram" a 10x mag range into a 30mm tube leads to problems like an eye box that, for me, is unusable.
All in all, the Exos is top shelf in every way. The illumination system is perfectly designed and having the control knob situated on the side of the eye piece makes adjustments natural and easy.
The Exos has the build quality of a NF Atacr without the excess weight....it's around 10oz lighter than the comparable Atacr.
I should also let u know that it has more vertical adjustment than than the Polar. A lot of folks might look at the two and see very similar scopes and choose the Polar to save a few ounces or find on used or as a demo. They are alike in many ways, but the Polar does have a very limited vertical range....make sure you check the range capabilities of any scope before u buy.
Overall U can't go wrong and will be getting a top shelf optic.
I included a pic to show how beefy and solid the unit is when mounted and ready to go.

Solid review. Was hoping to hear all positives. And it looks great! Thanks for the info.
Keep an eye out for used ones on this site...there was one for sale recently and it looked mint. Almost every nicer scope I've bought was either used or a demo. Alpha glass doesn't wear out, and unless the glass is scratched or it's damaged, the optics should be as good as brand new.
Also, EuroOptics often has them for sale as shotshow demos....that's how I got my Exos. That model lists for anywhere from $3100-$3400, and I think I paid $2500.
If u wanna know anything about any of those others just let me know. I love jawing about optics and have owned quite a few over the years....from the most basic to the better ones currently.

Keep an eye out for used ones on this site...there was one for sale recently and it looked mint. Almost every nicer scope I've bought was either used or a demo. Alpha glass doesn't wear out, and unless the glass is scratched or it's damaged, the optics should be as good as brand new.
Also, EuroOptics often has them for sale as shotshow demos....that's how I got my Exos. That model lists for anywhere from $3100-$3400, and I think I paid $2500.
If u wanna know anything about any of those others just let me know. I love jawing about optics and have owned quite a few over the years....from the most basic to the better ones currently.
Thank you. I will keep an eye out. The Exos and ZComp 4-20 are the two I'm really geeking over. The MOA ZComp won't be out for another month or so and it's still a decent bit of $$$ over the Exos so not sure where to go here. I definitely like the reticle and SFP of the S&B for hunting over the ZComp MOA which is basically like the Kahles MOAK and Mark 5HD MOA reticle. Decisions decisions