Schmidt and Bender Zenith

Got my Zenith today. Unfortunately, it's been raining all day, so I could only compare to my Z3 through a window. So far, my Z3 has slightly better contrast and equal brightness. The fov looks about the same. Will have to wait until Saturday or Sunday to do outside tests. Using a flashlight, the inside of the scope looks really clean and well finished, unlike the Swarovski Z6 and Magnus I tried.
I'm beginning to think no scope exists that will noticeably outperform my unusually good Z3 sample (Polar T96?) I'm sure the ruggedness goes to the Zenith which is what I need on my lightweight 27 Nosler.

Last edited:
Got my Zenith today. Unfortunately, it's been raining all day, so I could only compare to my Z3 through a window. So far, my Z3 has slightly better contrast and equal brightness. The fov looks about the same. Will have to wait until Saturday or Sunday to do outside tests. Using a flashlight, the inside of the scope looks really clean and well finished, unlike the Swarovski Z6 and Magnus I tried.
I'm beginning to think no scope exists that will noticeably outperform my unusually good Z3 sample (Polar T96?) I'm sure the ruggedness goes to the Zenith which is what I need on my lightweight 27 Nosler.

So what's the final verdict, Zenith greater than the Z3 for low light?