Scent control

I use unscented natural deodorant, clothes detergent, and body wash. BUT, a little bit of human BO will overpower the scent eliminating sprays, cover ups, etc. Play the wind.

I won't go out smelling like tide or right guard, but I have seen animals turn and run on a dime when the wind shifts. Prior to then didn't care I was 30 yards away

Thanks all for the interesting tips. I'm sure they all have some veracity. I've bow hunted for almost 30 years and have enjoyed good success with getting high in the tree and using scent free detergent. One thing I haven't seen yet, and maybe I missed it, is making sure the detergent you employ has no UV brighteners. Most all hunting detergents don't have it but be careful of that.
I think older deer don't feel comfortable with the wind blowing up their behind and religiously avoid it, the biggest, oldest deer I've taken have been quartering the wind and had not quite reached my scent cone before the shot.
Cover scents probably work but I steadfastly agree with the fellow who said MOVE if the wind changes===you can't be clean enough to fool a deer's nose at bow range and I've used carbon suits and any and all cover scents.
I do believe your hair is the biggest emitter of scent and I wear a carbon impregnated head cover whenever I'm in the tree.

I've bowhunted for over half a century. Used charcoal suits,ozonics,ions,sprays.soaps. Just about everything out there. The only sure thing is wind. I've shot coyotes,deer, and bear while sucking on halls cough drops.

A lot of these items really put the odds in your favor. They help most of the time,but it only takes one molecule and it's game over.

I've never done any scent management except to make sure deer don't smell me by getting down wind. Do they sometimes? Sure. There's no scent management on trips when you are living like a dirt squirrel.

What kind of scent control do you all use or prefer for whitetail deer hunting?

Ozone gadget?
Carbon clothes?
Plain old wash in baking soda and air dry?

Obviously wind direction is number one but….

Just curious
Jmack
All 3 ! There is no magic bullet to make you sent free it is all steps or layers, do as many as you can.

Coyotes smell me sooner than deer. They are on edge 100% of the time.
And I truly believe that Coyotes have a keener nose than the deer. That said I've seen deer that obviously smelled something they didn't like and still hesitate-- not so with old wily, one iota of man scent and it's off at a run

And I truly believe that Coyotes have a keener nose than the deer. That said I've seen deer that obviously smelled something they didn't like and still hesitate-- not so with old wily, one iota of man scent and it's off at a run
Coyotes have 220 Million Olfactory receptors in their nose, Deer have 297 Million and Humans only have 5 Million, Bear have 2,000 times more than Humans.
The Bear wins, Second are Dear, Third are Coyotes.
Old saying with Native Indians
If an acorn falls from a tree:
An Eagle can see it fall
A Bear can smell it fall
A Deer can hear it fall

Coyote Shadow Tracker
Len & Jill

Coyotes have 220 Million Olfactory receptors in their nose, Deer have 297 Million and Humans only have 5 Million, Bear have 2,000 times more than Humans.
The Bear wins, Second are Dear, Third are Coyotes.
Old saying with Native Indians
If an acorn falls from a tree:
An Eagle can see it fall
A Bear can smell it fall
A Deer can hear it fall

Coyote Shadow Tracker
Len & Jill
A dear that sees something out of place will verify with another sense. If they hear something they will verify with another sense. If they smell something, they will get out of Dodge.

A wise man that is hunted with told me if you try to hide from a bear you will never get one. You have to get the bear to accept you. This was in a baiting scenario. Their nose doesn't miss anything.