• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Scammers

Feenix,
I dont think the outcome has been determined yet.......I have seen this same exact response on the Hide a few times now, and I think it was deemed bad......as in, do not do business with this person. Lets see what Len has to say. I hope I am wrong, but that PM raises nothing but Red flags to me.

OOPS! My bad, I misunderstood and thought the message came from Len.

My course of action still the same; delete if I don't the origin/source of PM.

Got the same message. My radar went off immediately since he had 1 post. Showed he was a member since 2013 though which I found odd.

My recommendation is to not buy large dollar items from anyone that is not established on this site.

I would say that if he has only one post, he is not established. even after several sales it would be wise not to spend to much.

If he is on other sites look up his post and base your opinion on many other posters experiences
and decide from there.

If you are established on this site ask him to send you the item and you will send payment as soon as you receive it (He should be able to trust you as well), because someone has to trust someone in the beginning of the transaction. If he is not established and wont do it. RUN !!!

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Must be he was on a roll that day I got the same PM, googled the email addy & it took me to this post.

Hate to sound like a broken record but I received this message as well on another site as I was looking for an old model Vaquero.

I thought something seemed a little jacked up about it.

I found a great deal on a forum one time but it looked a little fishy. The guy only wanted to email or text. It was a custom Jarrett, something that a scammer would know nothing about. I requested a phone conversation and finally got him to agree. "I have gun." was about all the idiot could say in broken English.

My advice is that unless you are dealing with someone without a lot of history on here or another forum, have a phone conversation. Heck, I almost always have a conversation when buying or selling a firearm online. I've met some great people in the process and we usually talk about other things for 80% of the conversation.

Re: Scammers.

I am pretty sure it is a scam...
I received the same post/email...a while back and did what you did..asked the members here...
They ALL agreed it was a scam, and said they had posted elsewhere also...same message

Here is what they sent me...looks like your same message...

"I can help you with a lead. Please contact Jeff on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Nunnelly, TN 37137 USA and the last time we talked , he had for sale.
I purchased items from him and they arrived in NEW condition as described and just right on time. His cell # is 931-257-7351. HE IS TRUSTED......."

Sound familiar?