Scammer on Powder "Alphex Firearms"

WELL, I screwed up and took the bait. I saw these threads a day to late. I paid via Venmo. I am wondering if they can do anything, If anything, I asked for a refund, no answer yet, probably never. I am a cyber security guy too... should have seen this coming, but the pay address was a valid registered one. I don't get that.
I'm sorry, you're a cyber security guy and you thought it was legit to pay an online business via venmo?

WELL, I screwed up and took the bait. I saw these threads a day to late. I paid via Venmo. I am wondering if they can do anything, If anything, I asked for a refund, no answer yet, probably never. I am a cyber security guy too... should have seen this coming, but the pay address was a valid registered one. I don't get that.
There are about as many of these scammers as there are legit companies these days. They are using legit addresses and using legit FFL numbers stolen from legit sites. Obviously the fbi doesnt go after crime anymore

A search of the Kansas Secretary of State data base found no business entities for "Alphex Firearms" using the entire name and key word "firearms". Using the key word "firearms", no Alphex Firearm entry was found among 110 business entities or businesses in Kansas engaged in gun stuff using the word "firearms" in their business names, most LLC, registered or past registered with the Kansas Secretary of State. Using the key word "Alphex" found nothing.

The Alphex web site came up clean on Malware Bytes, 2 trackers.

Sure, looks fishy, powders & primers in abundance, many pop-ups with customer reviews, no credit cards, & bit coin payments.

Shows smarts & high-level IT skills, probably bought site software.

There may be a legit "Alphex Firearm" business in Kansas, but I could not find it on Kansas Secretary of State data base. The Alphex web site has a similar format as that of an unnamed gun store in Arizona that has powders & primers in abundance but uses green or emerald highlights vs. red.

Last edited:
I almost got scammed by another such site recently.Cant recall name ?But googled as it has too much to be true and Snipers hide said was scam

Was surfing the web today in hopes of finding some IMR or Hodgons 4350 powder. After striking out on most of the sites if did find Alphex Firearms in Lawrence, Kansas "did" in fact have powder in 1 pound containers, and you could purchase as many pounds as you would like for like $30 a pound. I "almost" clicked the to order, but.....decided to do a little "due diligence" and try to get reviews. Nothing there, so called the Lawrence, Kansas police department and spoke to the OIC. The OIC in fact told me that Alphex Firearms is a legitimate firearms dealership and they do sell firearms; however, the web page is a scam. The OIC stated that the store owner, the Lawrence City police department and the ATFE are trying to shut the site down. Again Alphex Firearms is a legitimate business, but the web site is a scam using this company's information, and has nothing to do with this shop and this gun shop is legitimate. It does pay to do "due diligence" when dealing with the internet sales of reloading components.

I did post this in the General Discussion forum as well. Not certain where it does belong, just do not want to see people getting ripped off.
Glad I saw this. I almost hit place order on 2 lbs of FF.

I guess a sucker is born every minute....I am in it. I did not see this thread and tried to purchase powder on Alphaex Jan 12. The order never went through and nor was my card charged but then I had two unauthorized charges on my card at restaurant in Nebraska on Jan 18.

If you Goggle "IMR 4064 in stock" you will pull up AT LEAST a dozen scam sights selling powders and primers.
I seriously think there are almost as many scam powder and primer sits as legit ones maybe more.

Was surfing the web today in hopes of finding some IMR or Hodgons 4350 powder. After striking out on most of the sites if did find Alphex Firearms in Lawrence, Kansas "did" in fact have powder in 1 pound containers, and you could purchase as many pounds as you would like for like $30 a pound. I "almost" clicked the to order, but.....decided to do a little "due diligence" and try to get reviews. Nothing there, so called the Lawrence, Kansas police department and spoke to the OIC. The OIC in fact told me that Alphex Firearms is a legitimate firearms dealership and they do sell firearms; however, the web page is a scam. The OIC stated that the store owner, the Lawrence City police department and the ATFE are trying to shut the site down. Again Alphex Firearms is a legitimate business, but the web site is a scam using this company's information, and has nothing to do with this shop and this gun shop is legitimate. It does pay to do "due diligence" when dealing with the internet sales of reloading components.

I did post this in the General Discussion forum as well. Not certain where it does belong, just do not want to see people getting ripped off.
Thank you for the input. I was browsing for powder and primers, but it just seemed to good to be true. Did my homework as well and came across your posting. It appears nothing can be trusted any longer.

Wink
Pennsylvania

Glad I did some research and found this post. This total scam site is STILL up. How in the hell can our govt and law enforcement not be able to shut this garbage down when it's found to be fraud! We're in big trouble in USA. CAVEAT EMPTOR

I guess a sucker is born every minute....I am in it. I did not see this thread and tried to purchase powder on Alphaex Jan 12. The order never went through and nor was my card charged but then I had two unauthorized charges on my card at restaurant in Nebraska on Jan 18.
Did the card company refund the unauthorized charges?
If it was a credit card the should, but not a debit card is what my bank said.

Damnit I wish I would've seen this last week! Now they have my debit card info but it's weird because they still haven't charged my account and it's been almost 10 days.