• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Scammer Beware

gkempf

Look out for username Pratshooter. Will tell you he has a lead on what you are looking for. A rifle in my case. Will give you the email address [email protected]. Phone #913-841-9656 Tullahoma,TN. Will say he has dealt with Bob a lot and he is top notch. Sent me pics of the rifle, said how it shot and what he wanted for it. We agreed on a price, sent him money via money gram, emailed me back saying he needed $400 to cover transfer and shipping to my ffl dealer. Red light starts going off. Question him about it, request my money back and hasent responded back. Googled his number and SCAM ALERT comes up. Contacting the authorities in the morning. Any advice will be appreciated but I bet I'm screwed. Have purchased many items on this site and members have been very honest. Maybe let my guard down because of that.

I have a 'wtb- Nightforce' post and he sent me the same info in a pm. Knew it was a scam by the bad English, his only taking western union and money gram, and the $900 price tag on the Nightforce. Sorry to hear you got taken.

same thing happened to me when i posted on another forum for a spotting scope. only this guy (not the one the original poster is speaking of) wanted a usps money order sent to an address in VA, a real residential address. also got suspicious with slightly bad writing skills. and he refused to talk on the phone.

i can't believe you talked to your guy on the phone, i think i might have fallen for that one myself

folks doing the want to buy posting should be double aware

I always google the guy's name, phone number and address before I send money. I learned the hard way. Even talked to the guy. A simple search after he burned me showed bad results. Not the same guy as yours, though.

I reciecved a PM from the same guy just afew days ago. Sounded suspicious so I stayed away.

Probably the best advice is to look at there number of post and the content. if the seller doesn't have any/few post on other items and all of his post are sales post BEWARE.

It is tough to get scammed (I Know first hand) so I have learned and hope I don't make the same mistake again.

There has to be trust on this site so we can help each other out, but the electronic age requires some caution also.

J E CUSTOM

I haven't had an experience with the guy but the phone # listed above is a Kansas area code not Tennessee. I noticed that right away. Everyone I have dealt with here on LRH have always been straight forward honest guys but before I deal with anyone communication has to be great. I hate to hear about scammers and thieves but they are everywhere. Always remember communication is key to having a smooth transaction. If its questionable or not there at all MOVE ON !!

Look out for username Pratshooter. Will tell you he has a lead on what you are looking for. A rifle in my case. Will give you the email address [email protected]. Phone #913-841-9656 Tullahoma,TN. Will say he has dealt with Bob a lot and he is top notch. Sent me pics of the rifle, said how it shot and what he wanted for it. We agreed on a price, sent him money via money gram, emailed me back saying he needed $400 to cover transfer and shipping to my ffl dealer. Red light starts going off. Question him about it, request my money back and hasent responded back. Googled his number and SCAM ALERT comes up. Contacting the authorities in the morning. Any advice will be appreciated but I bet I'm screwed. Have purchased many items on this site and members have been very honest. Maybe let my guard down because of that.

Same guy sent a pm on a NightForce scope, he was going to send me picture but never got one.. Sorry about your deal hope you get it resolved.

We should have a seller review section here to help w/ researching sellers before we send off our hard earned money.

EDIT.... looks like we do. I'll be paying more attention to it in the future.

We should have a seller review section here to help w/ researching sellers before we send off our hard earned money.

We do its titled 'buyer and seller feedback' at the bottom of the classified section. Its unfortunate that this has happened but again I go back to communication - follow your gut feeling - if it say NO then so should you.

With all the info you have...phone#...address you mailed check to......seems to be more than 1 person..... but I believe you still have a shot at them...with LE help....
Please keep us updated.... so we run these scammers off this site and others like it....

That stinks. Good luck getting your money back and thanks for giving us a heads-up on this loser.

Here's what he sent me.

Hello,

I have a lead for you.

Please contact Bob on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Loretto Tennessee 38469,USA and can arrange shipping. I purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell phone # is (931) 841-9656. You can email him and then ring him...
Forward Message Reply With Quote