• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED scam

hogbear

jsuther is in a scam if they send you a private message. I have tried desperately to contact longrangehunting with no replies. Just trying to help H.T.

Here is what I received in regards to a post I have looking for a 6.5x47

Hi,

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Mike on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Idaho Falls, ID 83402 USA and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell 208-649-0004.

Thanks

I never called or emailed the email address as I though it was a bit suspicious.

That's the exact same thing I got do a Google search for bonnie ball about the 8th or 10th thing that you will see is from another gun forum

Me also I have had nothing but friendly, positive interaction on this forum. It truly angers me for thieves to try to infiltrate this group. And furthermore they set this up in 2013

please post this guy's username in the buyer and sellers feedback section. Post him as a seller. I would but I did not have interactions with this person and do not know the details.

His user name is jsuther he contacts you with a lead to contact Mike or Bonnie Ball. I did a Google search for Bonnie Ball she has prior complaints for the same thing on another gun site.

This scam has been going on for some time on several sites. He changes user name and contact names, however , the rest of the scam is the same. Contact so and so. I can help. The worst thing you can do is post a WTB. You are nearly guaranteed a response from him. Quote- I can help my friend has one.

I got the same message the other day while looking for a rifle on here. He sent exact same message. I did not respond.