SCAM ALERT

Guys, I just got burnt for $598 on PayPal 6 weeks ago. I had used it for almost a year, off my checking account! No problems, until now! I have since discontinued use. I doubt I'll ever recover those stolen funds!
When your Paypal account is linked to your checking account, this is what happened to me, and why I use an air-gapped debit card (described above) to prevent it. Paypal fraud folks should be able to help. The other person had to have a Paypal accout, so thier identity may known. and Paypal may make it good - they did in my case. Good luck.

Same thing with firearms world in topeka Kansas they have everything from primers to guns on hand including Bitcoin prices are cheap they are having trouble with there credit card system so you have to pay with papal venomo or Bitcoin yea right it's amazing what links these crooked bassssdddd will go to to get your hard earned money. David
Yes, I ran across Firearmsworld, a dot com supposedly in Topeka Kansas doing some searches for stuff, and I couldn't believe their inventory and stocks of everything no one else has and it was all very cheap......they had every primer and powder in stock known to man! That should have been like red flashing lights right there!

I put something in the cart and then I noticed although it showed you can use credit cards for paying, when I got to the cart it wanted bitcoin or venmo. That's when it hit me like a freight train......this is very likely a scam. I emptied the cart and closed that web page so fast it was like an accidental double charge in a .338 LM. Yes, IMHO it is a total scam. I ran across one like it based in Houston too.
Where there is scarcity, shortage, and need, "ner' do wells" will flock! Avoid, Avoid, Avoid! Any place that has large rifle magnum primers, federal 215M, all the Retumbo, Varget, H1000 and anything else you want at $28 1 pounders or endless 8 pounders in stock, better get your bigboy waders on and your bullet proof body armor on......Well yes, you can find all that on Gunbroker, but they want $400 per lb. of powder and you can use your credit card. They be happy too! No bitcoin needed.

Yes, I ran across Firearmsworld, a dot com supposedly in Topeka Kansas doing some searches for stuff, and I couldn't believe their inventory and stocks of everything no one else has and it was all very cheap......they had every primer and powder in stock known to man! That should have been like red flashing lights right there!

I put something in the cart and then I noticed although it showed you can use credit cards for paying, when I got to the cart it wanted bitcoin or venmo. That's when it hit me like a freight train......this is very likely a scam. I emptied the cart and closed that web page so fast it was like an accidental double charge in a .338 LM. Yes, IMHO it is a total scam. I ran across one like it based in Houston too.
Where there is scarcity, shortage, and need, "ner' do wells" will flock! Avoid, Avoid, Avoid! Any place that has large rifle magnum primers, federal 215M, all the Retumbo, Varget, H1000 and anything else you want at $28 1 pounders or endless 8 pounders in stock, better get your bigboy waders on and your bullet proof body armor on......Well yes, you can find all that on Gunbroker, but they want $400 per lb. of powder and you can use your credit card. They be happy too! No bitcoin needed.

I called their phone number and was going to order 10,000 dollars worth of stuff and get them excited and then tell them I don't deal with scammers and hang up but they didn't answer then 20 minutes later I received a text from them wanting to help you google their address comes up a vacant lot. David

1-Never use a debit card to order anything. Open door policy to your accounts.
2-Standard credit cards can protect you much better.
3-Easy to cancel a credit card and get new one.
4-I never leave a credit card active on any site. PITA at times but takes few seconds to add CC to purchase. Only have couple sites that I actually have a profile. I rarely create an account on a site even though I may order there frequently. Use guest checkouts.
5-I have an email address just for ordering and do not use it for normal stuff.
6-My checking account does not have overdraft to prevent further damage if ever hacked. I never use my debit anyway to order so just added buffer.
7-USE A VPN SERVICE AT ALL TIMES!!

i have no problem using my debit card - linked to separate checking account with no oversdraft protection. Hack it, and try to use it - there is only a few dollars at most there, so the transaction is refused and I get anorificaitno - so Inow who is trying to rip me off.

The one additional important step I take is setting Alerts on all cards to $1.00 with text notification. This has stopped 3 separate hacks in last 5 years within seconds of the card use. All cards have Alerts, use them to your advantage. CC are easier to dispute than debit cards if you have a fraudulent charge as well. I just try to make it easy on myself.

The one additional important step I take is setting Alerts on all cards to $1.00 with text notification. This has stopped 3 separate hacks in last 5 years within seconds of the card use. All cards have Alerts, use them to your advantage. CC are easier to dispute than debit cards if you have a fraudulent charge as well. I just try to make it easy on myself.
Good idea! My bank app lets me set mine to send an alert on ANY withdrawal. Since it is a card I do not use that often, the alerts are not a constant issue.

Just remember PayPal is strictly anti-gun. If they catch you buying or selling ammunition, firearms, firearm receivers, etc, they will seize any money you have with them and block your account for at least six months before you can remove any associated credit cards or accounts. VENMO was purchased by PayPal so now has the the same rules.

Don't use Zelle either,you will never get your money back.I got scammed for a couple hundred dollars on some primers a while back.Lots of fake websites out there.Buyer beware.