Scalpers are out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
A free people and a free market are always the solution. If someone decides that a brick of primers is worth $500 to them then so be it. The moment you ask for government control and intervention you are inviting the wolves into the hen house.
Exactly...I was curious what alternative solution would be suggested.

Hoarding is all relative. Most casual shooters or reloaders would probably call people on here hoarders.
If you are a gun owner and a smart one at that you reload and if you are smart enough to reload considering the situation since Clinton was POTUS IMHO there is no such thing as hording ammo or reloading components. It is simply being prudent and well prepared.

I doubt it but I could be wrong by saying there is not a single serious American gun owner and reloader who cherishes their 2nd amendment rights right now that is low on ammo and or reloading components that is not desperately and deeply regretting not having bough 10x-100x more ammo and or reloading components.
BTSTLML when the DemRATs and Clinton was in power.

Exactly...I was curious what alternative solution would be suggested.
Save for in the most limited and extreme cases like life saving or preserving dugs, there is no BETTER alternative solution.
Government controls are the equivalent of doctor murdering his patient who has cancer and declaring them as "cured"

And capitalism sucks too IMO. When you see professional athletes get paid millions of dollars playing a game there's a problem with the system. Or, people making movies for the same amount. After about 3-4 months the supplies will come back to normal. The greed of people is gross in today's society. I almost feel like the pandemic didn't "cleanse" enough of these scumbag people.
What better system is there? So you're mad that athletes get paid too much? Don't support sports, they get paid that much because people are willing to pay high prices to see games, to buy sports junk etc. Greed transcends any system whether capitalist or communist. Do you ever see poor communist leaders? Scalping is an incorrect description of what's happening in the firearms industry. I know people don't read all posts but I brought up real estate prices and how that works in sellers market yet nobody ever says the home seller is scalping. Plan properly and you won't be on the short side of things.

there were people paying $60+ for bricks of .22LR in 2013 after the sandy hook shooting. if people want to pay it, then let them. my way of protesting that was to not pay those kinds of prices. eventually, things settled down and got back to normal. then trump won and prices were great for about 3 years. that's when you prepare for the next panic. i'm well stocked with everything because i was buying when the getting was good.

And capitalism sucks too IMO. When you see professional athletes get paid millions of dollars playing a game there's a problem with the system. Or, people making movies for the same amount. After about 3-4 months the supplies will come back to normal. The greed of people is gross in today's society. I almost feel like the pandemic didn't "cleanse" enough of these scumbag people.

If you think that reloading supplies are coming back to normal in 3-4 months.... I think you may be in for several years worth of disappointment lol

If you think that reloading supplies are coming back to normal in 3-4 months.... I think you may be in for several years worth of disappointment lol

for sure. with this administration, i would count on some stuff not coming back at all. even once covid is declared "over", there will still be hoarding because there's no telling what these anti-gun, anti-freedom and anti-american nutjobs are going to do.

i just went to the academy near me and there is no ammo on the shelves. the area where they used to keep it now holds coolers and boxes of clays. there's also no guns on the shelves.

for sure. with this administration, i would count on some stuff not coming back at all. even once covid is declared "over", there will still be hoarding because there's no telling what these anti-gun, anti-freedom and anti-american nutjobs are going to do.

i just went to the academy near me and there is no ammo on the shelves. the area where they used to keep it now holds coolers and boxes of clays. there's also no guns on the shelves.

Definitely agree. A couple years was best case in my mind. Probably a lot longer, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.