Scalpers are out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closed auction that started this bantering about gouging was penny start, no reserve. Fools that blow their money like that are the ones to blame. The seller could have listed a high buy now but didn't. We all know he listed penny start to get the people that are worried bidding. Is that taking advantage? I guess you could say that, but no one is forcing these people to bid.

Don't wanna pay that for it? Don't. Back order your components and hope they arrive by 2022. I built a rifle and had $1900 in it. Took it to an f class match and shot a 200 14x. Some high roller offered me $3,500 for it and it's load recipe then entire enchilada. Sold it and never looked back. Whatever you're selling is worth what the fool next to you is willing to pay for it.

Correct nobody is forcing them to buy at these prices they are just people running scared because of the upcoming election. As far as hoarding I may be guilty as anybody but I don't buy stuff to resale. I keep it for myself so when things get tough (such as now) I can still enjoy my hunting and shooting and my response to grouse was I don't see it as business no employees or storefront or paying of sales tax just greedy opportunity
Just my opinion

Did a bunch of schoolchildren get mowed down that I didn't hear about? Why the alleged shortage? Kind of weird how the present administration has done more to limit firearms and caused more empty shelves than the last, no?
Before the pandemic started, the wholesaler I deal with mostly was offering 10%-15% off an everything but guns. Why? Because sales have been lagging for the past 3yrs. No one was worried. No one was buying. Then, the pandemic (panic) and the riots began in the liberal cities and those in charge in those cities did nothing. People who have never owned a gun armed-up. There's not just no popular powders and no primers, there's no factory loaded pistol ammo to be had, and the supply of hunting rounds for rifles is limited. I noticed last Sunday morning when I went to Walmart early in the morning, there's few shot shells to. Much of the powder that's in demand is made in Australia. How'd you like to pay the haz-mat charges for that shipment?!

The closed auction that started this bantering about gouging was penny start, no reserve. Fools that blow their money like that are the ones to blame. The seller could have listed a high buy now but didn't. We all know he listed penny start to get the people that are worried bidding. Is that taking advantage? I guess you could say that, but no one is forcing these people to bid.
This has been going on since prostitution was invented. To put a more modern spin on things, let's look at scalping tickets for ballgames, any type of ballgames. Some real to life company buys up all the tickets to the game you wanted (badly) to go to. Is that fun for you. Same thing for concerts, opera, car shows. Some individual buys up a ton of tickets and scalps them in a parking lot. That's not legal, and for a reason.

In times of shortages, there SHOULD be no hoarding and selling back at outrageous prices, but there always will be. I am on the side of not doing things like that. My choice. Does that qualify as being capitalistic? I love capitalism and I love a good deal, but I do not like being forced to pay outrageous prices for something that I should be able to go to my favorite store and find at a semi-reasonable to a reasonable price. Just sayin'

The Current hoarding phenomenon has Zero to do with the election and everything to do with corona. Think TP, flour, etc. have you tried to buy screws at the hardware store lately? Oh and if you want to get political? We're in the current pandemic due to inadequate action on behalf of this administration.
grouse: You have just proven that you do not listen to both sides. Without the action of THIS administration, there were predicted to be two million, two hundred thousand deaths. No one knows how things would have turned out under another administration. Have you ever thought of blaming China for the shortages we are all facing?

The Current hoarding phenomenon has Zero to do with the election and everything to do with corona. Think TP, flour, etc. have you tried to buy screws at the hardware store lately? Oh and if you want to get political? We're in the current pandemic due to inadequate action on behalf of this administration.
I guess you need a civics lesson. We live in a Constitutional Republic. The governors are in charge of their state. God help us if local problems get seen to by Washington. Looks to me like the current administration gave them all that the asked for , and more. And, travel was suspended from China and then Europe even before the medical 'experts' recommended it. No one, I repeat,,, No one know what to expect when this hit us. Just as the President can not call out The Guard to quell the riots without the Governors request, he can not tell them how to manage any emergency, he can only "recommend". The governors can either except or reject those recommendations.

I guess you need a civics lesson. We live in a Constitutional Republic. The governors are in charge of their state. God help us if local problems get seen to by Washington. Looks to me like the current administration gave them all that the asked for , and more. And, travel was suspended from China and then Europe even before the medical 'experts' recommended it. No one, I repeat,,, No one know what to expect when this hit us. Just as the President can not call out The Guard to quell the riots without the Governors request, he can not tell them how to manage any emergency, he can only "recommend". The governors can either except or reject those recommendations.

sounds like a trumper to me. If I can't beat em, Just hurl insults. I just want to understand your comment. A national pandemic is a state issue? So if we are attacked in Hawaii, it's just Hawaii's issue to do deal with?

Absolutely and utterly incorrect sir. Screws TP flour sugar etc are 100% available in Tennessee. The administration mishandled COVID? Hahahahaha. What a sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.