Scalpers are out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortages in ammunition, NRA declaring bankruptcy , all in all an effort to make our firearms mere unsustainable "Wall Hangers" .
The new Biden regime will probably start a war with the penguins of the Antarctic and demand all powder, primer, and bullet manufacturers give all their stock to the military under the War Powers Act. Even all loaded ammunition, including ammunition that is illegal to use for war purposes by the Geneva Convention, will be confiscated and we, the taxpayers, will have to pay again to store the illegal ammo and have no access to it for civilian use. For every action, there is an unintended consequence. Without all the tax money hunters and shooters pay, who and how are we going to protect all the cute, fuzzy little animals the snowflakes want to save? What tree hugger is going to do a game warden's job for free? Just like this second impeachment, nothing has been thought-out by any reasonable people. There has to be a legal, and peaceful, way to prevent these things from happening. I just do not know what those things are, but there are some mighty smart people on this forum. I am sure there are plenty of soldiers to handle the menial work, or dirty work. Who will our next leaders be?

The new Biden regime will probably start a war with the penguins of the Antarctic and demand all powder, primer, and bullet manufacturers give all their stock to the military under the War Powers Act. Even all loaded ammunition, including ammunition that is illegal to use for war purposes by the Geneva Convention, will be confiscated and we, the taxpayers, will have to pay again to store the illegal ammo and have no access to it for civilian use. For every action, there is an unintended consequence. Without all the tax money hunters and shooters pay, who and how are we going to protect all the cute, fuzzy little animals the snowflakes want to save? What tree hugger is going to do a game warden's job for free? Just like this second impeachment, nothing has been thought-out by any reasonable people. There has to be a legal, and peaceful, way to prevent these things from happening. I just do not know what those things are, but there are some mighty smart people on this forum. I am sure there are plenty of soldiers to handle the menial work, or dirty work. Who will our next leaders be?
there is a way to stop this but it is neither legal or peaceful but will probably be necessary

I'd bet that the majority of people on this and any other gun forum have owned firearm's for years. It's nobodies fault but your own if you never planned ahead and bought plenty of ammo or reloading supplies to make it through times like these. I'm in no way a hoarder, but other than a few choices of bullet's, I shouldn't need to buy anything for years.

You've had the last 4 years to stock up on everything. If you chose not to, then whose to blame. Then you get online and bitch about guy's selling stuff for ridicules prices. Evidently, they were smarter than you because they have it, and you don't.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it!
I agree except for one thing. I just tried a new powder because my old load sucked with my new barrel. I only buy one pound of any new powder until I know it works. Now I can not find any. Bad luck! I have other firearms to shoot until then, and I have plenty of powder, primers and bullets for them.

there is a way to stop this but it is neither legal or peaceful but will probably be necessary
I understand your thinking but I don't believe it would work quite like that, there are several War Power Acts on record. I'd love to see how he would justify his actions, I'm sure that would be a hoot.

I'd bet that the majority of people on this and any other gun forum have owned firearm's for years. It's nobodies fault but your own if you never planned ahead and bought plenty of ammo or reloading supplies to make it through times like these. I'm in no way a hoarder, but other than a few choices of bullet's, I shouldn't need to buy anything for years.

You've had the last 4 years to stock up on everything. If you chose not to, then whose to blame. Then you get online and bitch about guy's selling stuff for ridicules prices. Evidently, they were smarter than you because they have it, and you don't.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it!
Txhillbilly: You have been on this forum a long time and sent out relatively few opinions. This opinion comes across as rather condescending. No Likes for you from me!

How many of the people on this forum had any Idea that this "shortage" was coming 4 years ago when they should have, as you state, bought plenty of ammo and supplies. I was busy giving away cartons of 9mm and .45 cal. ammo to people who had just bought new weapons and could not find affordable ammunition before I realized that there was a major and long-lasting shortage of such ammo.

Do I regret giving away that ammo? No. Do I wish I had seen this coming and stocked up on more ammo? Yes. Will I run out of ammo before this shortage ends? Possibly. Do I have enough ammo to defend my home from people trying to take away my things? I believe I will be overrun and murdered before I run out of ammo, but that all depends on how many fools come for me and how determined they are. Usually, it would be difficult to see 4 years into the future, but from my point of view, the next 4 years look quite bleak for hunters and shooters.

I agree except for one thing. I just tried a new powder because my old load sucked with my new barrel. I only buy one pound of any new powder until I know it works. Now I can not find any. Bad luck! I have other firearms to shoot until then, and I have plenty of powder, primers and bullets for them.
What's the powder ?

Txhillbilly: You have been on this forum a long time and sent out relatively few opinions. This opinion comes across as rather condescending. No Likes for you from me!

How many of the people on this forum had any Idea that this "shortage" was coming 4 years ago when they should have, as you state, bought plenty of ammo and supplies. I was busy giving away cartons of 9mm and .45 cal. ammo to people who had just bought new weapons and could not find affordable ammunition before I realized that there was a major and long-lasting shortage of such ammo.

Do I regret giving away that ammo? No. Do I wish I had seen this coming and stocked up on more ammo? Yes. Will I run out of ammo before this shortage ends? Possibly. Do I have enough ammo to defend my home from people trying to take away my things? I believe I will be overrun and murdered before I run out of ammo, but that all depends on how many fools come for me and how determined they are. Usually, it would be difficult to see 4 years into the future, but from my point of view, the next 4 years look quite bleak for hunters and shooters.

Well, I guess that comes from listening to my Grandfather. When I was young, I asked him why he didn't talk much. He said, "Boy, You don't learn much by talking, You learn from watching, listening, and doing".
I'm on several gun forum's, and you're right, I don't post much on any of them unless I have something to say or contribute. Just the way I am.

My post wasn't meant to be condescending, sorry you took it that way. But, unless you just started shooting, everyone knows that this crap happens every election cycle, and has been that way ever since I was old enough to understand our political system as a teenager in the 1970's.

I applaud you for sharing your ammo with other's, I've always done the same with people that are in a bad spot and can't afford to buy it.
My post was aimed at the guy's that always wait until the last minute to buy ammo or reloading supplies. Then they get on the forum's and cry that they can't find anything, or that the scalper's want too much for it.

Well, I guess that comes from listening to my Grandfather. When I was young, I asked him why he didn't talk much. He said, "Boy, You don't learn much by talking, You learn from watching, listening, and doing".
I'm on several gun forum's, and you're right, I don't post much on any of them unless I have something to say or contribute. Just the way I am.

My post wasn't meant to be condescending, sorry you took it that way. But, unless you just started shooting, everyone knows that this crap happens every election cycle, and has been that way ever since I was old enough to understand our political system as a teenager in the 1970's.

I applaud you for sharing your ammo with other's, I've always done the same with people that are in a bad spot and can't afford to buy it.
My post was aimed at the guy's that always wait until the last minute to buy ammo or reloading supplies. Then they get on the forum's and cry that they can't find anything, or that the scalper's want too much for it.
O.K. you can have a like from me! I am glad to hear you say you were not trying to be condescending. Makes me feel better when we all/mostly get along. Your grandfather must have known my father. He did not talk much either. I will probably survive this shortage, well, maybe not THIS shortage. I have stopped giving away my ammo, but I am still loading for friends and family, but even they are not shooting very often anymore. I fear this is going to be a shortage most of us will consider life-changing. Good luck for at least the next four years. And maybe now, everyone will stock up if they ever get the chance again.

I have got to agree with Txhillbilly we all should have known this was coming as it does every election and then with the covid pandemic you should have seen it getting worse, every thing else was I was still receiving reloading supplies regularly into October was there was time to stock up and be prepared, Myself I have kept about a years worth of shooting supplies tucked back ever since the clinton shortage this is on top of my usual inventory . I am not condemning anyone who was not prepared but anyone who has been reloading through as least two elections should have seen it coming

Just bought 2lbs H4350 and 1lb Varget at a small shop thst also has H1000 on shelf. $37/lb. Great folks to do business with and i drive 1.75 hours one way just for that reason. Shop is near Fort Wayne, INView attachment 220018
I'm just a fwd minutes north of Ft Wayne. LGS have nothing but Pyrodex and shotgun powder in stock. Would you be willing to share what shop has powder in stock? I've heard there is a shop near Salimonie that has things in stock. I asked about primers in Auburn yesterday. Owner claimed hes been told ALL primers are made in China as they are prohibitively expensive to make in the USA. Even manufacturers are having a hard time getting them, yet there are shipping containers full of them sitting in port in CA. At least that's the local gossip.

I'm just a fwd minutes north of Ft Wayne. LGS have nothing but Pyrodex and shotgun powder in stock. Would you be willing to share what shop has powder in stock? I've heard there is a shop near Salimonie that has things in stock. I asked about primers in Auburn yesterday. Owner claimed hes been told ALL primers are made in China as they are prohibitively expensive to make in the USA. Even manufacturers are having a hard time getting them, yet there are shipping containers full of them sitting in port in CA. At least that's the local gossip.
Having been in the business for over 30yrs, now,,,,,,, I can say the owner of that shop in Auburn is full of it! Some powders are imported, but the primers we are familiar with (CCI, Federal, Winchester) are made here, in the US. The thing right now is, fully loaded ammo is in demand and more profitable for the companies making ammo. Out of the many shooters I meet the vast majority (probably 7-8 out of 10) buy loaded ammo. I'd guess that 98% to 99% (maybe more!) of primer production is going into factory loaded ammo. Those who want to "get into" reloading now are just too late to the game. Not only are components scarce, but have you looked for a new press lately? Those who 'roll their own' are a minority in the shooting world. Things may lax-up a bit after the new owners of Remington Ammunition (Vista Outdoors, who already owns Federal, CCI, Speer, RCBS, Estate Cartridge, and many many other commonly known names in the shooting/outdoors world) will get that Arkansas ammo plant up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.