SBR Shooter or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the local public shooting range today.
While I was there I noticed a man in the pistol range area shooting a 8 1/2" barreled AR with no sights of any kind installed.
Curious why anyone would want to shoot using the flat top picatinny rail as a sight, I stepped to get a closer look. As I watched him shooting 3 foot over the top of the target frame at 7 yards, I noticed that this "shorty" pistol had an adjustable length carbine stock. A SBR.

After he stopped to reload, I leaned in and asked if he knew he was shooting and illegal weapon - an SBR. His response was: "Well this is the way I bought it". With a kind of mind your own business attitude in his voice.

Wow, first of all what in the world did he expect to gain by him, Mama and Daughter shooting this weapon, tearing up the baffles, target frame, posts, and everything except the paper target?

As far as I know, an SBR must be registered with the Federal Government like a silencer or machinegun and the cost to make or transfer one is a $200 tax. I don't know what the fine might be, but I am guessing it might be large and include some jail time. This guy obviously could not care less about what I was telling him. And I am not an ATF secret agent, so I just let it go.

Eventually, the range officer asked him to stop shooting the sightless weapon. He had no other weapons to shoot, so he, Mama and Daughter left the range.

Was I wrong to say anything to this guy? How do you educate people who don't really "give a chip"?
Just because you asked. What he was shooting is none of your business and the second amendment says this.

As far as destroying the range absolutely say something.

Bothers me a lot when people who are enjoying a right or privilege start imposing their beliefs on others enjoying the same or doing nothing to help them continue their heritage and lives.

People like you actually bother me. Not on the internet, but in real life.

I don't want to make new friends, I don't want to deal with a know it all. If you're a super mechanic and can visually tell that, specifically, hydraulic fluid leaking is from a vehicle, presumably in parking lot or something…great. Cool.

But from 5 feet away, diff fluid, T case fluid, atf which is used in a lot of power steering can look all the same on the ground…my point is…rarely people approach me correctly…and your post doesn't inspire confidence, other than you like butting into things that don't concern you

I don't want to make new friends, I don't want to deal with a know it all. If you're a super mechanic and can visually tell that, specifically, hydraulic fluid leaking is from a vehicle, presumably in parking lot or something…great. Cool.

But from 5 feet away, diff fluid, T case fluid, atf which is used in a lot of power steering can look all the same on the ground…my point is…rarely people approach me correctly…and your post doesn't inspire confidence, other than you like butting into things that don't concern you.
You're butting in right now. That's what these forums are for, to exchange ideas, opinions, knowledge. You're just being an a**hole now....so F.R.O.

You're butting in right now. That's what these forums are for, to exchange ideas, opinions, knowledge. You're just being an a**hole now....so F.R.O.

Go ahead and read the quote above from post number #56. I know where I am.

See? You don't like it when people get in your businesses and challenge you, do you? Lol

Of course, the only difference is I'm right, and that makes me a "a**hole," to you. This is why I don't like people approaching me in the streets, in the field, and why I don't go to public ranges.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.