SBR Shooter or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had people tell me my cans and SBR are illegal, they aren't I have the stamp collection. I don't feel it necessary to inform them about my business unless they have credentials. So I usually blow them off.
Personally not great Attitude teaching and explaining things to people in this industry is always a good thing. I have both suppressors and SBR, and don't mind educating people when or if they ask. It can be a grueling process with long waits. And educated people help us in the long term.

Personally not great Attitude teaching and explaining things to people in this industry is always a good thing. I have both suppressors and SBR, and don't mind educating people when or if they ask. It can be a grueling process with long waits. And educated people help us in the long term.
There's a difference between someone saying, "Hey that's cool. How do I get one?" And, "Hey, you know what you're shooting is an illegal SBR don't you?" Not a great way to make friends.

It's called minding your own business. Should be taught in school at a early age.
It's called being helpful to someone who might not know the rules. Should be taught in Sunday school at an early age. Good grief, all you badasses who "wouldn't be so cordial" should calm down and treat the man or woman next to you at the range as as a brother or sister in our big shooters club. How they respond to politeness will say all you need to know about them.

It's called being helpful to someone who might not know the rules. Should be taught in Sunday school at an early age. Good grief, all you badasses who "wouldn't be so cordial" should calm down and treat the man or woman next to you at the range as as a brother or sister in our big shooters club. How they respond to politeness will say all you need to know about them.
Being polite and interested in different product types is different than walking up to someone saying what they have is illegal. If they bought it through a FFL they had to buy it legally. Now if someone bought a pistol upper and put it on a rifle lower that's a whole different story, but again I'm not asking someone if their setup is legal.

Do you guys walk up to people at the gas station and ask them if they have a current driver's license? If their vehicle will pass inspection?

I don't disagree......but I live in Wyoming pretty much everything is legal here. I also stopped going to public ranges. The general public isn't something I enjoy dealing with anymore than I have to.

Unintended Consequences is a novel by John Ross, first published in 1996 by Accurate Press.[1] The story chronicles the history of gun culture, gun rights, and gun control in the United States from the early 20th century through the late 1990s. Although clearly a work of fiction, the story is heavily laced with historical fact, including historical figures who play minor supporting roles. The protagonist is very active in competitive shooting sports, as is the author; so unusually detailed and intricate facts, figures, and explanations of firearms-related topics ornament the narrative and drive the plot.

Probably gonna **** some people off but whatever.

All NFA laws are unconstitutional and you being a hall monitor for them is not cool. i can't imagine taking time out of my day To be a snitch for the grabbbers.

You know how everyone says "they won't comply" when they ban everything else

This is a glaring example that your buddy next to you is gonna turn you in, maybe it's out of annoyance, maybe it's a teachers pet fantasy.

*I say this as someone that does have stamps, I'm just not about to take time out of my day to inquire about the legality of someone else's property. Though I could see politely suggesting an affordable iron sight package

Last edited:
Being polite and interested in different product types is different than walking up to someone saying what they have is illegal. If they bought it through a FFL they had to buy it legally. Now if someone bought a pistol upper and put it on a rifle lower that's a whole different story, but again I'm not asking someone if their setup is legal.

Do you guys walk up to people at the gas station and ask them if they have a current driver's license? If their vehicle will pass inspection?
I've walked up to people at the gas station and asked if they knew something on their vehicle was not working right...like a puddle of hydraulic fluid I could see from where I was but they might not be able to see. I've also told some to "turn that f'n music down"...but politely ;)

I like your attitude! I have never been to a big city range, but range days used to be fun. Everyone was cordial, helpful and had fun.
Today, someone showing up is a hinderance, as we need that space all to ourselves. God forbid hanging or retrieving a target, major disruption today. That muzzle brake is Too loud, well, it is a gun range. ETC....
Face it, some of the bigger idiots we may meet are at the range. Today, if I become curious or helpful, it is because I want to help you finish up and leave.

I've walked up to people at the gas station and asked if they knew something on their vehicle was not working right...like a puddle of hydraulic fluid I could see from where I was but they might not be able to see. I've also told some to "turn that f'n music down"...but politely ;)

You whole thought process assumes that the party in the wrong will simply admit they are wrong, learn, and walk away…..

Maybe that happens where you are from, but since I'm older than 24 hours old, I can tell you with some confidence that it's MORE likely that said person would argue with you, then go and talk about the arguement on a internet forum….

Last I checked, the 2nd constitutional amendment dun said, "shall not be infringed." That's it. It's the easy thing to understand. "Not pay a tax stamp in states that allow it." Thats about the only thing that anyone needs educating on. But nope. Dudes will get on the internet and argue semantics to the death.

People like you actually bother me. Not on the internet, but in real life.

I don't want to make new friends, I don't want to deal with a know it all. If you're a super mechanic and can visually tell that, specifically, hydraulic fluid leaking is from a vehicle, presumably in parking lot or something…great. Cool.

But from 5 feet away, diff fluid, T case fluid, atf which is used in a lot of power steering can look all the same on the ground…my point is…rarely people approach me correctly…and your post doesn't inspire confidence, other than you like butting into things that don't concern you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts