SBR Form 1 question about stripped lower.

GoatPilot87

Hey guys I think this is my first post after I joined a while back. Work took a turn and ended up on 2nd shift, on top of having our first child. I'm currently wanting to Form 1 a lower and make a SBR. I've already got my trust done, and ready to fill it out. My lower is one a friend sold me that he bought (stripped, marked multi) and never built. My concern/question is will him being the current registered owner pose a problem when I send in my Form 1 with serial number on the application? If I have to get a new lower bought under my name it's not an issue, I have a LGS that is loaded with them. I know the ATF is looking to rewrite the laws on trusts around May so I wanted to get this done ASAP and with the new baby and crazy work schedule I'm limited as to how much free time I have. Thanks guys. Please PM me if you could help. I've got help threads posted in other forums I'm a member of in hope of getting an answer soon.

You bought the lower, it is yours as far as ATF is concerned. Any registration is done more local (city, county, state).

You will need to have the lower engraved with your trust name and location (City, State).

The Silencer Shop did a great video for submitting a SBR form 1. It should answer a ton of your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok that kills my worry then. I was thinking when they registered it as an SBR when they went over my Form 1 they may run the serial and see someone else's name on it other than mine. I know legally I can own it but I was thinking since it's NFA they had their own set of rules or something.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.