Saw this photo on Gunaddicts.com. I wept.

Yeah getting stuff from Canada sucks. I got a clutch off eBay from Canada it got stuck in customs for a few weeks they had to open it to make sure it wasn't a bomb. Needless to say I was tick.

You heartless people! Its obvious that the poor soul most have an enlarged right side cheek bone (birth defect common in Canada) and in an attempt to enjoy our sport bought those high rings and scope. I'm sure he received this same type of ridicule in Canada and is now trying to raise enough money to travel to another country for elective reconstructive surgery. Some righty should help a brother out and buy that fine rifle NOW!

Oh you heartless Americans! Save the Canadian guns for Canadian guys. You have plenty over there.......

If you think it's tough to import/ship gun-related stuff in the states, try living here for a while. It's illegal to import a measley set of scope rings or a Picatinny rail here from the USA. Customs just won't let anything GUN across the border.

Have mercy.

The cross border horror stories abound and I live 60 miles from the border and it might as well be across the ocean instead of the Detroit River.....

Canadian/American Customs is amazing in the continual onslaught to confiscate tons of mechandise, especially gun related, that they know will never be claimed because if claimed, they will prosecure the sender.....

I imagine the Canadian and American customs officials have outfitted their personal gun safes very well at shippers expense.

Then we have the exchange rates and import/export duties. No wonder most business here refrain from selling cross border.

I don't but I always tell my customers that it may take longer for their items to travel to them (in Canada) than it takes for the items to reach Australia and it usually does, plus, it always arrives opened and rummaged through...... and of course in complete disarray.

What could be better.

Considering the grief associated with a sale (across border), the rifle is priced very well. The brass will probably wind up in the possession of some customs official however........:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.