Saw this photo on Gunaddicts.com. I wept.

SaskShooter

I was browsing Gunaddicts.com this evening when I found this photo. That's an NCStar scope.

TIME FOR SACKCLOTH AND ASHES.

Attachments

• Idiot..jpg
    Idiot..jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 107
Well it might shoot good for now but being that's a 338 lapua I don't think it well last long. ;-)

If that scope sat any higher it would need a flashing red light to warn aircraft.

Thats good !!!!!

Made my day.

The bad thing about setting a scope up this high is any canting will kill accuracy at distance.

The scope is another thing, the 338 will make a meal of the NC Star.

J E CUSTOM

You wept, I had that bile taste in the back of my mouth. You can always ask, "what were they thinking", but they weren't. I did not notice that it was a .338 until it was pointed out. If all of that is brass shot out of that rifle, it is probably already gone (the scope that is).

My 300 SAUM is not kind to scopes (8.5 lbs all up), so I cannot think that this abortion is.

You wept, I had that bile taste in the back of my mouth. You can always ask, "what were they thinking", but they weren't. I did not notice that it was a .338 until it was pointed out. If all of that is brass shot out of that rifle, it is probably already gone (the scope that is).

My 300 SAUM is not kind to scopes (8.5 lbs all up), so I cannot think that this abortion is.
throw in the muzzle brake just to top it off, that scope was a snack

Savage was really thinking when they put that adjustable cheekpiece on the Long Range Hunter, but with those scope rings, that wouldn't even get you close to the scope. Not that anyone would want to be anywhere near that awful horror-tube scope.

Forget the .338's, my .22 made a snack of a poorly considered NCStar optic once.

Luckily, the salesman who lied to my face when I bought it is now up to his eyes in legal trouble :D

A bit more to it.....

Savage 111 Long Range Hunter 338 Lapua: Rifle is brand new shot 8 rounds through it, too much gun for me .Has a NcStar 4-16 50mm sniper scope and come with 10 factory rounds and also 200 empty casings and a Pelican hard case, i have reloading dies if wanted for the cost of the dies. value of 1800.00 shipping cost extra Money order only
Seller:
Member Rating: 0 Member Since: May 2012
MCMLpwcWvU8oxQvS.jpg
Price: </SPAN>C$1300.00 Fixed Price Listing
qmark.gif
Time left: 10d 22h 08m 25sListing Ends: 2012-10-24 16:07:16 EDTCondition: NewCategory: Bolt ActionBuy It Now |

Somehow, I think the cheapo scope was an afterthought, however tacky and the brass is once fired. Now if it's Lapua, I'm interested in buying, not the tifle, the brass.

The Pelican 1700 series case is obviously cut for something else other than the 11-111 LRH. BTW, replacement foam is $65.00

Sidecar I think your right on the scope. But it looks as the foam is cut for that gun with a bypod and maybe a 60 mm scope with sunshade that would explain then X-high rings

Sidecar I think your right on the scope. But it looks as the foam is cut for that gun with a bypod and maybe a 60 mm scope with sunshade that would explain then X-high rings

Looking again at the cutout, I suspect you are right. Probably had a Night Force on it or a Leupy Mark4.....

It's easy to tell the gun hasn't been used much at all. First thing to do is remove the round 'Savage' sticker from the buttstock and trim the jacket/shirt grabbing cheekpiece bolts.

When I got mine I set the cheek and promptly tore my shirt sleeve by snagging one of the exposed bolt ends. Off it came, out came the bolts and bolt cutters and I took almsot 3/8" off the ends. I realize the gun isn't over the top expensive but exposed, sharp, clothes snagging bolt ends are tacky..... (like the red round sticker):D.....

If I didn't have one, the price is pretty good (with the brass, providing it isn't Hornady....). It's in Canada so getting it here is probably a hassle.

Yeah its a good gun for the price with all the brass but he could keep the scope and still be ok on price

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.