Saving for a new "factory" higher end rifle. What do you recommend?

Check out Montana Rifle Co. I have their AVR in 35 Whelen and love it. They have several models and over 30 standard cartridges to chose from. What I would strongly recommend is to look online at all the different rifles you can find, then find dealers that have some in stock, go look at as many as you can. See witch one you like the best, feels good to you, fits you the way you want it too, ect. Take your time and get what you want. Remember what others tell you is good opinions and very helpful, but your the one that's going to own it, shoot it, so make shore it's what you want and it fits you.

I got on here just to mention Montana Rifles. You covered it! They are also a good looking rifle with a sound action.

Here's a thread I made of the full story of my experience with them-

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/kimber-rifles-stay-away.182466/

Short answer is I bought a used Kimber that was a dud. Wouldn't cycle, wouldn't shoot. Sent it back to the factory and they told me the receiver was manufactured incorrectly...by them. They wouldn't replace it, though, since I wasn't the original owner and the "one year warranty" was up anyways. They offered me a discount on a new Kimber. No thanks. I'll never buy a Kimber again.
Man that's a shame first box of federal premiums I picked off the shelf shot 3/4 groups.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.