Savage's Long Range Hunter.

I talked to savage and they are going to chamber the long range hunter in 300 wm and the 7mm also. They told me to call back in a month and they would give me the date of release and msrp. they are going to chamber short and long actions. Shooting times quoated $649 msrp but i highly doubt that!

Darrin

I talked to savage and they are going to chamber the long range hunter in 300 wm and the 7mm also. They told me to call back in a month and they would give me the date of release and msrp. they are going to chamber short and long actions. Shooting times quoated $649 msrp but i highly doubt that!

Darrin
I agree! I think once they see such a response they will jack up the price/
Mike

So.....

If the price comes in above $1000.

Why not buy a 7mm Package gun(same action right?). That leaves $600 for Barrel & Trigger?

Bed the stock.

Aftermarket trigger.

Aftermarket barrel.

Same price and probably better shooting with the aftermarket heavy barrel?

Glad to hear their chambering long action magnums. Bout time someone manufactures a rifle to compete with the Sendero. I love Sendero rifles, but ain't gonna spend over a grand on a rifle that may shoot over MOA without spending more time and money. I'll be all over a long action 300 magnum when they come out. I'd really like a RUM option, but 300WM will work.

The longrange hunter kinda looks like a slightly different pack of the 110FCP-K Savage Arms Model 10FP. Which comes in 26-06 and 300 win, I fondled one the other day an man it was nice, I like the brake better than the on/off brake. Add a Karstens check peice and you have the longrange hunter. MSP $866 on the FCP so I would't expect the LRhunter to break that.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.