Savage Weather warrior?? what do you think??

idahostalker

Im going to be buying a 338 win mag hear soon and i was thinking of getting it in the savage weather warrior with the accustock. im also think of getting it with the adjustable muzzle break on it. i would us the muzzle break when im at the range and when im hunting i would turn it off. i also would put a zeiss conquest 3-9x40 on it. what do you think of this combo as a gun to shoot 0-600 yards?

Im going to be buying a 338 win mag hear soon and i was thinking of getting it in the savage weather warrior with the accustock. im also think of getting it with the adjustable muzzle break on it. i would us the muzzle break when im at the range and when im hunting i would turn it off. i also would put a zeiss conquest 3-9x40 on it. what do you think of this combo as a gun to shoot 0-600 yards?

That's a great combo for a 600 yard gun.

www.reedssports.com has a SS 338 win 116FHSAK with muzzle brake and accu-trigger on sale for $519.No accustock but you could then buy a nice aftermarket stock of your choice. Ive bought guns from reeds before and had good experience every time. Seems like a good deal and you could add a nice stock on par or better for around the same price.Thought it might be a good option. +1 Agree with Geargrinder-That's a great combo for a 600 yard gun

Hi Idahostalker,

I have a couple Savage rifles in the stable and they are very good shooting rifles. I believe you would be pleased with the out of box shooting of the weather warrior. I considered one when I purchased my model 12. I also have a .338 Edge with a DE brake. It shoots like a kitten which takes recoil flinch out of the picture. I would definately get the brake again. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.