Savage Weather Warrior 16/116 FCSS 270 win?s

barnesuser28

I am looking for the mag length of the Savage Weather Warrior 16/116 FCSS in 270 Win, i am planning of converting it to a 284 Win and try to figure how much mag room i have to play with. Thanks for any help.

Cartridge length will not be an issue changing to a 284Win, and may not be an issue with the slightly larger (.0302") case body diameter. You could probably just grind/sand the guide rails on the mag follower to make it feed, if any alteration is needed at all. Both of these cartridges share the same case head diameter so a new bolt head won't be necessary. Sounds like an easy conversion.

I fed a couple of 6.5x284 rounds through my remington 25-06 without chambering of course and they worked great. My COAL will be about 3.475 because I am going to seat them LONG and I am not sure if the mag is long enough.

Sorry, i just fiddled around with what my ax coal would be and came up with 3.340. Should be long enough right?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.