Savage ultralight 110

Cookie114

Looking into buying a new Savage ultralight 110 in 6.5cm. Anyone running one on here?here? few reviews on YouTube but not much that I can find on the accuracy. I would expect a blueprinted action with a proof barrel to be able to print 1/2-3/8moa groups fairly easy with a good load

I have a 6.5 PRC 110 Ultralight. It's a very accurate rifle. I did remove the factory stock and placed it in a Bell and Carlson. Shoots 1/2" (143 ELDx + H1000) with the loads I'm running. Factory rounds from Hornady shot good too. I have repeated this accuracy every trip I've taken it out. Haven't shot much lately though because components are few and far between. I have 300 Berger 140 elite hunters but only 60 pieces of brass so I'm just waiting to get my hands on some more brass before I get carried away lol.

Attachments

• 8712238E-E34F-464E-BC8F-E0143D04AB01.jpeg
    8712238E-E34F-464E-BC8F-E0143D04AB01.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 166
I have a 6.5 PRC 110 Ultralight. It's a very accurate rifle. I did remove the factory stock and placed it in a Bell and Carlson. Shoots 1/2" (143 ELDx + H1000) with the loads I'm running. Factory rounds from Hornady shot good too. I have repeated this accuracy every trip I've taken it out. Haven't shot much lately though because components are few and far between. I have 300 Berger 140 elite hunters but only 60 pieces of brass so I'm just waiting to get my hands on some more brass before I get carried away lol.
That's good to hear on the accuracy part. Although it sucks to spend 1200 then have to spend 300 more for a stock. I plan to glass bed the recoil lug and rear tang right away.

I can't speak for the 6.5 CM but I bought one in the 280AI and really like it, the stock definitely could be better but I have gotten 1/2 MOA with 140 vld's, 162 eldx's and 168 vld's, mine seems to shoot good regardless, and holds it to 800 yds...
That's all you can ask for. Ill be happy with that. Do you know what kind of velocity your getting with the 162/168s?

That's good to hear on the accuracy part. Although it sucks to spend 1200 then have to spend 300 more for a stock. I plan to glass bed the recoil lug and rear tang right away.
I got mine for just under a 1k but the lgs owner is a good friend and he knocked a couple hundred off. I've only shot it with the new stock twice a and it did seem to tighten up. The pic I posted is what's been average for me.

Looking into buying a new Savage ultralight 110 in 6.5cm. Anyone running one on here?here? few reviews on YouTube but not much that I can find on the accuracy. I would expect a blueprinted action with a proof barrel to be able to print 1/2-3/8moa groups fairly easy with a good load
Sportsman warehouse has them

The 110's I've been associated were accurate and dependable, I felt very comfortable with one on a hunt. That being said really light rifles bring more of the idiosyncrasies of the shooter into play. Some people don't shoot a light rifle as good as its 1 or 2 pound heavier counterpart.