SAVAGE SWITCH BARREL QUESTION

Hi, again,

I use the Burris ***-i-lines to get the max out of the scope.
Any thing else would be ......

C'ya. John.

Lee,

My dad just got the Farrell from Sinclair and uses the Weaver style Warne rings. I've never used the Burris rings for Weaver bases, what don't you like about them?

I had a had time getting the base to tighten fully on the weaver bases. Perhaps I had a bad set of rings or something, but they were awfully hard to tighten. They just didn't seem as secure as I would like. I do like the look and design of the Warne rings though.

I too am doing a Savage project
One barrel is a 19-223 Calhoon
Another barrel is a 20-223 AI.

I really do like this rifle as there are some cartridges I like to play with, but for whatever reason it is not cost-effective to build up a rifle and scope combo for everything.

Just waiting for the weather to warm up.

If you guys are interested in the rounds that kick a little less, I will be happy to tell you how mine is working
smile.gif

Oh, and if there is a factory cartridge you would ever like to play with, you can get a take-off or new Savage barrel from Numrich arms. Less than 100. Good for a play barrel, as I like to call them.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts