Savage Striker?

gamehauler

I know nothing about this gun
and am thinking about trading one of my Contenders for one.
It is chambered in 22-250.
Anyone have one with some input?
The good, bad, ugly.
What is it worth?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
Personally, I prefer the bolt guns over the break-opens. Other folks will feel differently about that though.
The only negative for me with the Striker is that it is difficult to get the trigger pull as light as you can with a center-grip XP.
With that being said I have seen awesome accuracy with the striker in both factory and aftermarket set-ups.

Wood or synthetic stock? Scope (brand)?
Prices have gone up on Strikers since they discontinued them, but they can still be had for a reasonable price, if one is patient.
If it is a straight across trade (depending on what you have) sounds like a good deal.

Thanks Ernie.

Synthetic stock.
No scope, rings and bases, look like weaver dove tail type.

Contender is a 1970 vintage frame and 30-30 10" octagon barrel
He wants a 45-410 barrel but do not want to give up mine.
The 30-30 barrel should get him the barrel he wants.

Again. Thanks:)

Mike

Buddy of mine has a Striker excatly like the 1 u mentiond. I think it's a 12", 12 twist barrel. He's shooting the 60 JLK Low Drag into .5-.7" gps. I recently shot it at 425 yds. and got a cloverleaf for 3 shots at 2.5"

IMO, the Srikers r some of the most accurate out of the box SP's ever made. But the trigger is definitely the weak link.

I had 2 Strikers and sold one last fall, wished I hadn't. I have one left in 7mm-08 and had Kirby do the trigger work and it shoots lights out now. Great guns!

I was given Stainless/Laminated Stiker in .223 a few years back and have played with it a lot. Finally have a scope that is serving me well (Nikon 2-7). This thing shoots just under MOA and is a lot of fun on P-Dogs and Coyotes. Though I have heard that the triggers on some are not that great, mine is wonderful.

As much as I hate to mess with a good thing, I have recently decided to rebarrel to a 6mmX45. Have done a bit of research on the cartridge and find it should make a pretty good Antilope/Deer Gun.

Would love to find one in 300WSM, or any other "hunting" caliber. If anyone has one let me know.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.