Savage Stock Question

zgardner

Has anyone replaced a stock on either of these two guns?

Savage 110 Preadtor in 6.5x284
Savage 111 LRH in 6.5x284

I was looking into buying on of these to rifles stock and then replacing the stock with something like a Mcmillan A3 of A# sporter.

Please let me know what possiblities there are?

Thanks

I just replace the original stock on my 110 (22-250) with a Boyds thumbhole. I pillar bedded it and used Devcon plastic steel. It took my loads that shot 1/2moa or better and cut em in half. With the original stock I always had muzzle jump that would take my sights completely off target, the new stock put a stop to that, at 300yrds my cross hairs never leave the target, and now felt recoil is more along the lines of my 10-22, not that an 11lb 22-250 has much recoil to begin with. But it is a completely different rifle now. :)

Boyds laminated thumbhole
Boyds Gunstock Industries Inc., Firearms cross reference guide

Pretty easy really, I just had to open up the inletting for the bedding material and the barrel channel a little to get the clearance I wanted, the toughest part was cleaning out the Devcon that squished out inside of the inletting, holy crap that stuff gets hard. All said and done I'm into it for about $140-150

I have a stock from stockade. It's the Predator/Tactical stock. Sort of a Mcmillan A5 Clone. I got the money saver and did the finish work myself and got the Detachable mag bottum metal and mag for like 550 bucks to my door. Bit of a wait. I bedded it with Devcon myself. Really happy with it.

Home - Stockade Gun Stocks

DSCN0563.jpg

Perfect. I like the Stockade stocks.

I think I'm settling in on 111 Long Range Hunter and putting it in the tactical stock.

Two questions:

Do they cut the stock to fit the exact model? Making sure the barrel channel isn't to small over extremely to big.

If you have them paint the stock does the webbing and texture come out like a Weatherby finish?

Thanks everyone

I would call stockade. Be advised the wait time was around four months when I ordered mine. MY rifle is a franken rifle so I called and had numerous conversations with the owner. Fit and finish was very good. The money safer saves you around $150 bucks and it only took me a couple hours to sand and puddy the stock.

Also if you can get over the way they look (I actually like the look of the chassis) a Mcree or XLR chassis is a good option. Again you are limited by your imagination and wallet not aftermarket offering for savage rifles.

To be clear do you already own the rifle or are you about to buy the rifle? If you dont already have it I would check out the classifieds you can safe time in money by buying a rifle that's already been moded.

I don't own the rifle. Have a guy that i can get one bought brand new for around $600 to $700.

I like the ballistics of this caliber and figured this was a decent buy that I could just swap the stocks and go.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.