• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage small shank in 284 Winchester

3darcher2

Looking for a reasonably priced Savage small shank barrel in 284 Winchester. Sporter or heavy sporter countour at most, and 22"-24". Finish/material/manufacturer doesn't matter at this point, open to all. I had considered taking a factory 9.5 twist 7mm-08 barrel and reaming it out, but that's above my pay grade and I had a hard time finding someone locally who seemed interested it doing that. I eventually sold that barrel but I might wind up going back to that route. I'd want a 1:9 or 1:9.5 twist or faster.

Let me know if you have anything.

Bumping up for the post-Christmas inventory crowd. Maybe you got a new barrel and have an 284 sitting around for a maybe project that's not happening. As an aside, if anyone knows someone who is reputable and reasonable that would ream out a 7mm-08 barrel if I could round another one up, I'd go still think about going that route. If nothing turns up I'll probably wind up going with a new Shaw barrel towards the end of January.